2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RAW Recruitment Eligibility

Research and Analysis Wing is the primary external intelligence agency of the Republic of India. It was came into being in the year 1968.

In order to eligible for the RAW candidates must be IPS, IAS and Military Officers.

Candidates must be Executive grade officers like Field Officers and Field Assistants are recruited through Cabinet Secretariat.

RAW doesn't recruit directly it pick students from Army, police or other forces basically, but it also recruit from general public, eg: universities, corporate houses etc.

RAW selects suitable candidate and then offer a job. there is no way you can directly approach RAW, they have no website or info of any type on net, if they like you they will come to you.

Child Agencies Of RAW are given below:-
The Aviation Research Centre
National Tech. Facilities Organisation
Special Frontier Force
The Radio Research Center
Electronics & Tech. Services
20th March 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the eligibility required for applying for job in RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) as I want to make a career in this field and serve India?
20th March 2015, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

RAW or Research and Analysis Wing is a secret agency of India which deals with all the activities with Enemies, Foes, Terrorist and Antisocial activities held and about to happen in India

Basically RAW doesn't conduct any recruitment exam directly. It hires people from different discipline like IPS, CISF, BFS, NCB, CBI and CID and many more. They choose their personnel and spy from other departments.

So there is no direct way to enter into RAW, the only way is to clear one of the above mentioned exams. If you do well or project well in your organization then you might get or get chance to enter into RAW.

Eligibility;-

You must be passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university. There is no percentage requirement.

Age limit is 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category.

You must be Indian citizen.

After some years works in CBI or CID, Intelligence bureau, you will be promoted into RAW based on your experience and work.

Selection Procedure :
-Selection based on Written Test,
- Personal Interview and
-According to Rule and Regulation of the Govt of India.

Plan of the Examination:
Part I

Written Examination carrying: 400 marks

Part II

Personality Test (Interview): 100 marks.

Examination Subjects:
(Paper No. Subject Questions Max. Marks Duration)

Paper-I General Test
General Intelligence and Reasoning 50
General Awareness 75 200 2 hours
Numerical Ability 75

Paper-II English Language
Language Comprehension
Communication/Writing 200 2 hours
Ability Test

Physical Requirements
Height Minimum --165 cm
Chest -- 76 Cm
1st January 2016, 12:57 PM