2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th February 2016, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Punjab Technical University M Sc Fashion Technology

Punjab Technical University (PTU) was established in 1997 to discharge duties for the overall improvement of quality of education and for that it make sure that the courses offered remain relevant to society and useful to students.

As per my knowledge, PTU or Punjab Technical University does not offer M Sc Fashion Technology but it offers M. Sc Fashion Marketing and Management (FMM). Here I am providing you the its syllabus:

M.Sc GMT/FMM/POM 101

PRINCIPLES OFMANAGEMENT (Theory)

Objectives: To acquaint the students with business organization and to familiarize them with basic management processes and concepts.

UNIT - I
Basics of Management: Definition, nature, purpose and scope, role of management, Ethics and social responsibility of management

Schools of Management: Scientific Management, Human Behaviour, Mathematical School, Systems Approach of Management

UNIT - II
Evolution of management thought, Contribution made by Taylor, Gantt, Gilbreth, Fayol, Weber, Elton Mayo, Likert and McGregor, Peter F. Drucker, M.E. Porter.

UNIT - III
Planning: Types of plans, process of planning, Management by Objectives, Nature and purpose of strategies. Decision-Making: Importance and steps in Decision Making, Organizing: Concept of organization, process of organizing, bases of departmentation, Authority &Power, Staffing Directing- Delegation-authority, responsibility, accountability, Steps to make delegation effective. Decentralization-purpose and types of decentralization,.

UNIT - IV
Control: planning-control relationship, process and techniques of control, Human response to control, Typesof Control Feed forward control concurrent Control (Real Time Information & Control), and Feedback Control. Morale- introduction , factors affecting morale
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M. Sc Fashion Marketing and Management (FMM) Syllabus.pdf (376.8 KB, 116 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in