2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd December 2014, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Masters in IIT or NISER after BSc in Zoology

Hey, you want to do MSc course for it you should have to join IIT because NISER not offers MSc course. It offers integrated course.
For getting admission in M.Sc. in IIT you have to appear in IIT JAM exam.

JAM IIT Exam pattern:

Mathematical Statistics
Mathematics
Chemistry
Geophysics
Geology
Physics
Biotechnology
Computer Applications

A candidate can opt to appear for either one or two of the above mentioned papers. While Biotechnology and Computer Applications are objective in nature, the other subjects are descriptive in nature.

The objective papers comprise 100 questions and 100 marks one mark for each question. A negative mark of 1/3rd is applicable for every wrong answer.

The descriptive papers are divided into two parts Part I and Part II

Part I comprises 60 percent marks and contains one-mark and two-mark multiple choice questions. A negative marking of 1/3rd is applicable for wrong answer of one mark each and a negative marking of 2/3rd is applicable for a wrong answer of two marks each.

Part II comprises of 40 percent marks and is subjective in nature. There is no negative marking in this section

Exam held in the month of: February usually

Mode of applying for JAM: Online
22nd March 2015, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Will you tell me that can I get admission in a masters course in IIT or NISER after completing BSc in Zoology , as I want to get admission in IIT or NISER institute for master course ?
22nd March 2015, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, you can get admission in IIT institute for pursuing Master program after completing BSc in Zoology.

For getting admission in IIT institute you should have to apply for IIT JAM exam , as it is an entrance exam for admission in master courses at IIT institutes.

Also you can get admission in Integrated M.Sc - Ph.D. program at NISER, for getting admission you should have B.Sc. and B.Tech. degrees in the relevant subject.

List of IIt institutes in India:
IIT Bhubaneswar
IIT Bombay
IIT Delhi
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Guwahati
IIT Hyderabad
IIT Indore
IIT Jodhpur
IIT Kanpur
IIT Kharagpur
IIT Madras