2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th February 2017, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Manav Bharti University Syllabus Msc

Ok, here I am providing you the syllabus of M.Sc Bio-Chemistry of Manav Bharti University

Manav Bharti University M.Sc Bio-Chemistry syllabus

I Year-

Subject
Bio-molecules of stridulation Biology
Enzymology
Bio-Instrumentation
Genetics and Molecular Biology
Immunology of Pneumology
Practical – I
Practical – II

II year-

Bio-information Bio Statics
Physiology of Nutritional Bio-Chemistry
Advanced Enzymology and Engyme Technology
Clinical and Pant Bio-chemsitry
Advanced Enzymology and Engyme Technology
Practical III
Practical IV
Project Work

FIRST YEAR Paper – 1

Paper I - Biomolecules Of Stridulation Biology

UNIT-I Water: Structure and properties of water; hydrogen bonding of water; Solvent properties of water; hydrophobic interaction. Carbohydrates: Monosaccharides: classification,stereochemistry; cyclic structure and anomeric forms. Reactions of monosaccharides-characteristics of aldehyde and ketone groups. Action of acids and alkalies on sugars. Reaction of sugars due to hydroxyl groups. Disaccharides-classification, structure, chemistry and function. Trisaccharides : structure of raffinose. Polysaccharides: starch, glycogen,dextrin and inulin; Structural polysaccharides: cellulose, chitin and glycosaminoglycans.

UNIT-II Lipids: Definition; classification of lipids-simple, compound and derived lipids. Simple lipids: Physical and chemical properties of fats. Compound lipids: Structure and function of phospholipids, glycolipids and lipoproteins. Derived lipids: Fatty acid; Saturated and unsaturated. Fatty acids. Essential fatty acids;Steroids-Structure of cholesterol. UNIT –III Amino acids and Proteins: Amino Acids: Definition; amino acids as ampholytes, structure and classification of amino acids, chemical reactions of amino acids. Peptides: Structure and properties. Identification of N and C terminal residues. Determination of primary structure of pepetides. Glutathione, and oxytocin.

For complete syllabus here is the attachment

Contact-

Manav Bharti University
Village Laddo, P.O.- (Kumhar Hatti), Tehsil & Distt.:, Sultanpur, Solan, Himachal Pradesh 173229
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manav Bharti University M.Sc Bio-Chemistry syllabus.pdf (132.8 KB, 91 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in