2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

JNVU Msc Botany

I have completed B.Sc degree and now interested in doing the M.Sc in Botany from the Jai Narain Vyas University so please give me some details about the course structure of it? Also tell me about the admission procedure of M.Sc course in the Jai Narain Vyas University?
Similar Threads
Thread
New syllabus of Botany for NET?
NET Exam Syllabus for Botany
Msc Botany BAMU
Best Colleges For Botany
My Result JNVU My Result JNVU Name Wise Result JNVU
Botany Colleges
Unishivaji Botany
Click On JNVU Admit Card College Allotment PTET JNVU
IFS Exam Papers Botany
Career after B.Sc in Botany?
Govt jobs after M.Sc Botany
JNVU Jodhpur M Tech Admission Goo Mx Jnvu
MSc Botany Colleges kerala
MSc Botany JNU
Books of Botany for AIIMS
Institutes for M.Sc in Botany
Scope of BSc Botany
Scope in B.Sc Botany
Scope After M.Sc in Botany
B.Sc Botany Syllabus
31st May 2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Re: JNVU Msc Botany

Can you provide me the syllabus/course structure of the M.Sc. Botany SFS Program offered by JNVU (Jai Narain Vyas University) Jodhpur?
31st May 2018, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: JNVU Msc Botany

The syllabus/course structure of the M.Sc. Botany SFS Program offered by JNVU (Jai Narain Vyas University) Jodhpur is as follows:

SEMESTER I
Bot 101- CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF PLANTS

Unit I

Basic concept of Cell and Cell theory: Multicellularity. Composition, structure and function of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and vitamins) Chemical foundation: Covalent and non-covalent bonds. Bioenergetics Cell wall Cell membrane: Dynamic structure, compositions, function, biogenesis and structural model. Plant Vacuoles: Tonoplast membrane, function as storage and transport Cytoskeleton, organization and role of microtubules, microfilaments and associated motor proteins Cell junction and adhesions, Intercellular transport of endogenous macromolecules: Structure and functional significance of plasmodesmata.

Unit II
The nucleus: Nuclear envelope, nuclear pore complex, nucleolus. Mitochondrial and plastid biogenesis and development, concept of endosymbiosis Organellar genome: organization and function of plastome and chondriome. Cell cycle regulation (Cyclins, CDKs), Senescence and Programmed Cell Death

Unit III
Protein Sorting and Vesicle Traffic; concept of signal peptide, transport of soluble and membrane bound proteins in Endoplasmic Reticulum, ER chaperone proteins and their functions. Targeting to nucleus, mitochondria, chloroplasts, vacuoles and secretory pathway Replication of genetic material in prokaryotes and eukaryotes: initiation, elongation and termination

Unit IV
Prokaryotic transcription: Transcription units; RNA polymerase structure and assembly;
Promotors; Initiation, elongation and termination Eukaryotic transcription: RNA polymerase structure and assembly; eukaryotic promoters and enhancers; transcription factors. Post transcriptional processing of mRNA: Capping, adenylation and Splicing, RNA editing. DNA damage and repair

Unit V
Translation: Translation machinery; Ribosomes: composition and assembly. Genetic code: degeneracy of codons, initiation and termination codons, wobble hypothesis, genetic code in mitochondria; Isoaccepting tRNA Mechanism of protein synthesis: Translational factors; initiation, elongation and termination Co- and post-translational modifications: Glycosylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, Mechanism of protein degradation

Laboratory Exercises
1. Demonstration of fluorescent microscope and visualization of GFP-proteins
2. Cytochemical staining of cell wall constituents.
3. Fluorescence staining of nuclei with DAPI.
4. Cell wall staining with calcofluor white.
5. Isolation of genomic DNA from plants/bacteria.
6. Amplification of genes using PCR
7. Demonstration of agarose gel electrophoresis.
8. One-dimensional SDS-PAGE protein profiling.
9. Demonstration of Southern/Northern blotting and Western Immunoblotting.
10. Gene tagging and screening
11. Techniques in cell biology: Phase contrast, Fluorescence microscopy, Laser confocal microscopy, electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), LCM (laser capture microdissection), Flow cytometry, FACS.

Syllabus M.Sc. Botany JNVU (Jai Narain Vyas University) Jodhpur
jnvuonline.in/pdf15/Science/M.Sc%20SFS%20Botany.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in