2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2015, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

JNU and DU

My daughter wants to take admission in the MCA course I have two options for her admission one is Jawaharlal Nehru University and other is University of Delhi? Can you please tell me which better for MCA admission Jawaharlal Nehru University or University of Delhi?
21st April 2018, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: JNU and DU

I completed 12th and planning to pursue higher studies and searching for good universities came to know about JNU and DU. Will you please provide basic details about JNU and DU which is better so that I plan to take admission in any one also tell what rankings provided to both?
21st April 2018, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: JNU and DU

In my view, these two Universities are totally different in each and every respect.

-JNU doesn't has any extensive Undergraduate Programme whereas DU has a lot of Undergraduate courses.

-Colleges and Depts. which come under DU are scattered all over Delhi where as JNU is a closed campus.

-JNU is more Research oriented where as DU stands on other side.
It won't be wrong to say that JNU produces more Scientists/Authors and other masters of the respective fields but DU produces more Teachers/ Professors. (But again, this is my perspective.)

-In terms of Hostel facility, JNU can guarantee a hostel seat to a majority of students except those from Delhi/NCR provided one follows the hostel guidelines.

Other difference:

1.DU has many colleges as in JNU we have different schools like SIS,SSS,SL,SBT,SLS
2.JNU is more oriented to research whereas DU is more focused for graduation courses.
3.JNU has its own way of aroma and DU has its own
in DU you will feel like you are in Delhi but in JNU gives you a feeling although you are in Delhi but you living on an island.

DU Ranking

The University has maintained its position at the top in the country as per the Centre for World University Ranking (CWUR) ranking and is 8th in the National Institutional Ranking Framework.

It is also among the top 10 Indian public educational institutions/universities and the first among Indian public universities under QS BRICS University Rankings

JNU Rankings:

General India
NIRF (Overall) (2018) 6
NIRF (Universities) (2018) 2

JNU was ranked sixth overall in the National Institutional Ranking Framework ranking of 2018 and second among universities.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in