2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

16th April 2015, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Iitm tts

What is the Text-to-speech synthesis (TTS) system at IIT Madras (Indian Institute of Technology Madras)? What is the cost and maintenance course of this TTS Software? What is the mission of this Text-to-speech synthesis (TTS) system at IIT Madras?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitm ece
Oe iitm
Clt iitm
IITM Dom
BCA in IITM
Map of IITM
Phd iitm
Cfi iitm
Iitm ms ee
IITM M.Sc
Hsr iitm
MSC in IITM
IITM Hyd
Iitm ee
Iitm oed
Iitm ce
IITM EE Stores IITM EE
Ccd iitm
Iitm cc
IITM Zip
25th July 2018, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Re: Iitm tts

I want to know the Text-to-Speech (TTS) Synthesis Systems from Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras so can you tell me?
25th July 2018, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Iitm tts

Indic TTS is a project on developing Text-to-Speech (TTS) Synthesis Systems for Indian languages, improving quality of synthesis, as well as small foot print TTS integrated with disability aids and various other applications.

Indic TTS is a consortium based project funded by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (M CIT), Government of India involving 13 institutions and SMT, IITM being one of them.

Prof.Hema Murthy and her team from IIT Madras that heads the Text-to-Speech (TTS) Consortium alongwith TDIL and DeitY has developed a TTS tool in six regional languages (Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Bengali) that is functional on SMS, WhatsApp, email and web browser.

The TTS has been successfully integrated within the Regional Operating System Indus OS and has been launched with two Micromax models - Unite 4 and Unite 4pro.

The project comprises of Phase I and Phase II.

Phase I of the project used Festival-based speech synthesis for Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Marathi .

Phase II of the project commenced in 2012 employing HTS based statistical speech synthesis for 13 Indian languages.

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Sardar Patel Road, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
044 2257 8101

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in