2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

IIT Bombay CSE

I am a student of B.Tech 1st semester of Computer Science Engineering (CSE) Program of IIT Bombay. I want to do login in my student account to check my internal exam marks. But I didn’t find the page where I will do login. So provide me official page of student account on website of IIT Bombay where login as a CSE student?
Similar Threads
Thread
QIP IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay GC MS
IIT Bombay IT
IIT Bombay GPU
IIT Bombay GPA
BSC In IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay EPM
Indian Institute Of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
EDC IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay X
TCS IIT Bombay
Job in IIT Bombay
IIT JEE Bombay Cut Off
IIT Bombay LCC
IIT Bombay ESE
IIT Bombay XPS
IIT Bombay URA
IIT Bombay LCC
IIT Bombay JAF
IIT Bombay Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
9th May 2018, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Bombay CSE

Can you provide me the details of the key features of Dual Degree Program offered by Computer Science and Engineering Department of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay?
9th May 2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Bombay CSE

The Computer Science and Engineering Department of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay has started the Dual Degree program in Computer Science, with effect from the academic year 2000-2001.

The goals of the program are to produce highly skilled professionals at the Master's level, and enable them to explore issues in Research and Development in depth, through an 18 month final project.

Key Features of Dual Degree Program and Rationale

The first three years of the program are to be exactly the same as the B. Tech. program. The first three years provide a basic grounding in computer science, which is needed for both B. Tech. and Dual Degree students.
In the 4th year the course structure for DDP differs from the B. Tech. course structure as follows.

The B. Tech. project stage I in 4th year 1st semester, and Practical Training in the summer between 3rd and 4th year are replaced by an 18 credit Mini Project evaluated in November.
The goal of the mini project is to get to explore research and development in detail in a specific area. The mini project starts in summer, and may include summer work done outside IIT. In other words, students have the flexibility to work outside of IIT in summer with the consent of the project advisor.
In the 4th year 2nd semester the students start on their Dual Degree project which continues for 18 months. It is expected that one will have considerable body of R&D work completed by the end of the year as a result of the mini project and the Dual Degree project.
In the 5th year of the programme, one will take 1 elective in each semester to continue course-based learning with advanced electives, while having a ample amount of time for work on their project.
One has the flexibility to choose between B. Tech. and M. Tech. electives starting from the 3rd year 2nd semester itself, and have to take a total of 8 electives. Of these, a minimum of 4 should be post-grad level electives.
The combination of
an 18 month final project,
a seminar in the 3rd year 2nd semester,
a Mini Project in the 3rd to 4th year summer, and 4th year 1st semester, gives Dual Degree program students an excellent opportunity to make a substantial contribution to research and development.
In comparison with the M. Tech. programme, the emphasis of the Dual Degree programme is more on research and development. M. Tech. students have to do 8 electives of which at least 6 must be post-grad level electives, but do only a 1 year project.
Having undergone own UG programme, Dual Degree students will be in a position to directly do advanced M. Tech. electives, so only 4 post-grad level electives are required, although up to 8 may be taken.
It was decided not to offer special courses just for DDP students. It is already offering a number of very specialized post-grad electives which will allow students to explore some areas in depth.
Since the CSE dual degree program has no areas of specialization, there is no need for elective requirements in specialized areas.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in