2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

HPC IIT Madras

Hello sir I want to join HPC (High performance Computing) course at the IIT Madras. Can you please provide me some details related to HPC (High performance Computing) course at the IIT Madras. Is there any entrance exam for this course?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rsi iit madras
MSC in IIT Madras
IIT Madras TI
GIS IIT Madras
IIT KGP Vs IIT Madras
How To Get Into IIT Madras
Is There MCA In IIT Madras
IIT Madras SRF
JEE IIT Madras
Madras IIT MBA
Way to IIT Madras
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
MS Phd IIT Madras
MBA IIT Madras
IIT Madras BBA
IIT Madras VSC
IIT Madras NSS
MBA at IIT Madras
KV IIT Madras
CEP IIT Madras
22nd July 2018, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Re: HPC IIT Madras

I want to know the High Performance Computing Environment Facility at IIT Madras so can you provide me?
22nd July 2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: HPC IIT Madras

The High Performance Computing Environment (HPCE) is set up to cater to the ever increasing demand, for supercomputing facilities, of researchers at IIT Madras.

High Performance Computing Environment (HPCE)

High Performance Computing (HPC), is for those computing tasks which for some reason or another just won't run on a desktop computer.

The task may be to sort through a huge amount of data, solve a difficult numerical problem, or just repeat the same calculation over and over for different situations.

There are basically three types of High Performance computing architectures available, SMP (Symmetrical Multi Processor computing), Cluster computing and Grid computing.

Material science and engineering, atmospheric and ocean modeling, aerospace engineering, modeling social, ecological and physical networks, design of large structures and VLSI, understanding flows and combustion, spectroscopy and molecular modeling are some of the active research areas in IIT Madras, where such large scale computing will be used.

SMP system is a computer that contains multiple processors, shares the same memory and is managed by one operating system. These SMP systems are normally used for computing jobs that require large amount of memory.

The High Performance Computing environment consists of high-end systems used for executing complex number crunching applications for research it has two such machines and they are,

LIBRA HP Cluster
VIRGO Super cluster
GNR Super Cluster

The machines in the above list belong to cluster computing category.

LIBRA HP Cluster

The HP Cluster is a 96 Processor system. One Head Node having DL 380 G7 HP Proliant server and other 8 Clients with HP Proliant SL390s server. All client/compute nodes have 12 processors.

VIRGO Super cluster

The IBM System x iDataPlex dx360 M4 Highly Optimized Servers for HPC.Populated with 2 X Intel E5-2670 8 C 2.6 GHz Processor.A total of 64 GB RAM per node with 8 X 8 GB 1600 MHz DIMM connected in a fully balanced mode.Low powered Mezzanine Adapter for FDR10 Infiniband based Inter processor communication.Total 292 Compute nodes, 2 Master nodes, 4 Storage nodes

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Sardar Patel Road, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Indian Institute Of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
044 2257 8101

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in