2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th November 2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Himachal Administrative Services Prelim Examination Syllabus

As you want to get the Himachal Administrative Services Prelim Examination Syllabus, so here I am providing you same:

Preliminary Examination :

A) Initially, Preliminary examination consisting of 02 papers based on objective type ( multiple choices ) questions on the following pattern will be held.

Paper – I : General Studies ( Code No.01 ). This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type ( Multiple choice ) questions. Paper – II : Aptitude Test ( Code No.02 ). This paper shall be of 200 marks and in this paper there shall be 100 objective type ( multiple choice ) questions.

Syllabus
Paper – I General Studies ( Code No.01 ) 1. History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.2. Currents events of national and international importance.3. History of India and Indian national movement.4. Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.5. Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.

6. Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.

7. General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization

8. General science.
Paper – II Aptitude Test ( Code No.02 ) 1. Comprehension2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability4. Decision making and problem solving.5. General mental ability.

6. Basic numeracy ( numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. ( Class X level ), Data interpretation ( charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level ).

7. English Language comprehension skills ( Class X level )

(C) HPAS preliminary examination will consist of two objective type papers ( multiple choice questions ) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 20 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the Posts / Service. Only those candidates who have been declared to have qualified the HPAS preliminary examination by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission in a year will be eligible for admission to the main examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.

Note : There will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.

(i) There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.

(ii) If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.

(iii) If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.

(D) The duration of Papers No.I and II ( General Studies and Aptitude Test ) will be two hours each.

I am giving you mains exam subjects:
General Paper On Teaching & Research Aptitude
History
Mass Communication & Journalism
Tourism Administration & Management
Computer Science & Applications
Public Administration
Physical Sciences
Sanskrit
Mathematical Sciences
Commerce
Environmental Sciences
Political Science
Economics
Physical Education
Music
Sociology
Geography
Hindi
Life Science
Chemical Sciences
English
23rd March 2015, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I want to crack Himachal Administrative Services Prelim Examination . Will you please provide the syllabus for preparation ?
23rd March 2015, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission directs the state civil services examination every year in the month of January/ February respectively.

Cadres of Services under HPAS Combined Competitive Examination:

1. Himachal Pradesh Police Services

2. Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services

3. Tehsildar

4. Excise & Taxation Officer

5. Block Development Officer

6. District Panchayat Officer

7. Manager, District Industries Centre

8. District Welfare-cum-Probation Officers

9. Assitant, Registrar Co-operative Societies

10. District Treasury Officer

11. District Employment Officer

12. District Food and Civil Supplies Controller and

13. Assistant Controller, Weights and Measures respectively

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam and

3. Viva-Voce respectively

1. Preliminary Examination:

The questions will be based on Multiple Choice Answers on the following topics:
There will be two papers of objective type in the Preliminary Examination.

Paper I: General Studies (200 Marks) – 100 Questions

Paper II: Aptitude Test (200 Marks) – 100 Questions

Syllabus of Study for Preliminary Examination:

Paper I: General Studies

Art & Culture; Socio-Economic Development of Himachal Pradesh; Environmental Issues relating to Bio Diversity and Climate Change; History; Geography; Current Affairs of National and International Importance; Indian Polity and Governance and General Science

Paper II: Aptitude Test

General Mental Ability; Interpersonal Skills; Basic Numeracy; Comprehension Based Questions; LR and Analytical Ability; Decision Making and Problem Solving; Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation of Class 10th level

2. Main Examination:

The candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Exam can appear in the Main Exam

3. Viva Voce:

Applicants called for the Viva Voce test after the Main Exam done

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in