2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th December 2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Entrance Exam paper for MCA course of Pondicherry

As you want I am here providing you the sample paper of the Entrance Exam for MCA course of Pondichery University.

Sample paper :

Directions ( For questions 1 to 3) : In each of the following questions there is a certain
relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one word is given on another side
of :: while another word is to be found from the given alternatives, having the same relation
with this word as the words of given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
1. House : Garbage :: Ore : ?
A)

Rubbish
B)

Gangue
C)

Sand
D)

Dregs
E)

None of the above
2. Taxonomy : Classification :: Pedology : ?
A) Nature
B) Farming
C) Soil
D) Mountain
E) None of the above

3. Archipelago : Islands :: Massif : ?
A) Mountains
B) Caves
C) Forests
D) Hillocks
E) None of the above

Choose the odd one out. (For questions 4 to 6)
4. A) Birch
B) Spruce
C) Cedar
D) Maple
E) Ebony
5. A) Kwashiorkor
B) Cretinism
C) Marasmus
D) Goitre
E) Osteomalaica
6. A) Santhals
B) Khonds
C) Bhotias
D) Dogri
E) Abors

7. If DIAMOND is coded as VQYMKLV, how is FEMALE coded ?
A) TUMYNU
B) UVNYMU
C) NYUTMN
D) YNMUYT
E)

YNUMTU
8 . If MAN = 56 then KING = ?
A) 60
B) 82
C) 70
D) 46
E) 50
9. If BIG = 72 then LEG = ?
A) 96
B) 86
C) 72
D) 18
E) None of the above

Entrance Exam paper for MCA course of Pondicherry

E) None of the above.36. 'Most of the pens in the shop are expensive'A) There are no cheap pens in the shopB) All of the pens in that shop are expensiveC) There are cheap pens also in that shop.D) All the pens in that shop belongs to brand P.E) None of the above.
Directions (For questions 37

38) In each of the following questions proposition (a) is to betaken as true. Based on this information, determine the truth value of (b)A) If trueB) If falseC) can't sayD) not relatedE) Need more data.
37. a) A few of the wise lake a formal education.b) Many of the wise do not lake a formal education.38. a) All that sparkles is not a diamond.b) Only diamonds sparkles.
Read the set of information given below carefully, and then answer the subsequent questions.(For questions 39 to 43)

There is a group of 7 persons in the family A, B, C, D, E, F and G. All of them appeared in an IQtest to test their intelligence.2.

There are two married couples in the family and three females in total.3.

G, a female is the most intelligent.4.

B, the father of E is more intelligent than B his son.5.

C has one son and one daughter. She is more intelligent than her husband.6.

The father of B is more intelligent than B himself.7.

E, the grandson of F, is the least intelligent. F, the grandfather, is the second most intelligent inthe family8.

The mother of B is less intelligent than B.9.

None among the married topped the IQ Test.10. The grandmother of G has two sons, one of whom is D, who is more intelligent than his brotherbut less intelligent than his wife11. Nobody is a widow or a widower in the family.39. Who among them is a married couple?

A) AFB) AEC) ACD) ADE) None of the above40. How is G related to D ?A) CousinB) DaughterC) Daughter-in-lawD) NieceE) None of the above41. Who is the third most intelligent in the family?A) CB) DC) AD) BE) Can't say42. The one who is the most intelligent is not aA) GranddaughterB) DaughterC) NieceD) SisterE) None of the above43. Who is B married to?A) AB) DC) CD) Can't sayE) None of these
Directions (For questions 44

50): In each question below is given a statement followed bytwo conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statement as true even thoughit seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and decidewhich of the conclusion(s) logically follows from the given statement.Give answerA) If conclusion I followsB) If conclusion II followsC) If both I and II followsD) If either I or II followsE) If neither I or II follows

44. Statement: These apples are too expensive to be badConclusions: I. When apples are in short supply, the prices go up.II. The higher the selling price, the superior is the quality of the commodity.45. Statement: No country is absolutely self-dependent these days.Conclusions: I. It is impossible to grow and produce all that a country needs.II. Countrymen in general have become lazy.46. Statement: Apart from the educational value of newspapers, their entertainment valueshould also be realized.Conclusions: I. People take newspapers to be a means of education.II. The entertainment value of newspapers is realized properly.47. Statement: Domestic demand has been increasing faster than the production of indigenous crude oil.Conclusions: I. Crude oil must be importedII. Domestic demand should be reduced.48. Statement: Good is the enemy of the best.Conclusions: I. You should be good to your best enemyII. The best do not like the good.49. Statement: The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.Conclusions: I. Your life will be dull if you dont face any problemsII. To escape from problems, you should always have some solutions withyou.50. Statement: I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.Conclusions: I. The writer's knowledge is very poor.II. The world of knowledge is too vast to be explored by a single person.
18th May 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I want to do MCA Course form Pondicherry University so please provide me Previous Years Question Papers of Entrance Exam for preparation?
18th May 2015, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am providing you Previous Years Question Papers of MCA Entrance Exam at Pondicherry University for your preparation.

MCA Entrance Exam at Pondicherry University Question Papers:

rest of the questions here i am attaching a pdf file

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in