2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd September 2014, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Pondicherry University PHD CSE Entrance Exam Syllabus

Pondicherry University PHD CSE Entrance Exam is objective type question paper having 100 questions topics related to CSE .

Syllabus:
Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).

Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NPcompleteness.

Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.

Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
29th November 2014, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Pondicherry University PHD CSE Entrance Exam Syllabus

Here I am looking for Entrance Exam Syllabus for PHD CSE of Pondicherry University so will you please provide me?
29th November 2014, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Here you are looking for Entrance Exam Syllabus for PHD CSE of Pondicherry University, as you want here I am providing you.

Pondicherry University was founded in 1985 by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament.

Facilities at Pondicherry University -

Transportation
Gymnasiums
Sports
Auditorium
Book Shop
Laboratories
Hostels and Dining
Library
Canteen
Computer Center
Health Centre

Pondicherry University PHD CSE Entrance Exam Syllabus

Pondicherry University PHD Computer Science and Engineering entrance exam is MCQ type and question paper

Total questions: 100

PHD CSE Entrance Exam Syllabus:

Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NPcompleteness.

Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.
Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.
Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.

Here I also have Computer Science PhD 2011 Question Papers so here I am providing you.

Computer Science PhD 2011 Question Papers

For more details contact to this address:

Address:

Pondicherry Engineering College
Eastern Coastal Road
Vekata subba reddy street - PEC Campus
Pillaichavady, 605014

Map;

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Pondicherry+Engineering+College/@12.0109811,79.8537015,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x5c0d300c8187a 76b [/MAP]

If you want any more details about give information please let me know we will provide you.
Download this attachment to get full question paper it is free to download........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Computer Science PhD 2011 Question Papers.pdf (1.91 MB, 105 views)
21st May 2015, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi I want the question paper of PHD CSE Entrance Exam of Pondicherry University?
21st May 2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Pondicherry University is a central university in Puducherry, India. It was established in 1985 by the Government of India. It has affiliated colleges located in Pondicherry, Karaikal, Mahe, Yanam and the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

PU PHD CSE Entrance Exam question paper

The duration of the exam is 2 hours.

The total mark of the question paper is 400.

Each question carries four marks.

There is a negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answer.

PU PHD CSE Entrance Exam question paper

Here I am attaching a pdf file of question paper

Contact details

Pondicherry University
Kalapet, Puducherry 605014 ‎

Map location

[MAP]Pondicherry University Kalapet, Puducherry[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PU PHD CSE Entrance Exam question paper.pdf (2.07 MB, 121 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in