2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Deforestation and its effect

HI sir, I am Ramesh Prasad. I am form Balia. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the deforestation and its effects. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Doppler Effect IIT JEE
Effect Of Board Marks In JEE Main
Cause And Effect Of Poverty
Photoelectric Effect IIT JEE
Effect Of Board Percentile On JEE Main
10 Top Visual Effect School US
BSc Visual Effect Course
Engineering Course selection and Placements effect
Effect of yoga on academic stress of high school students
Is there any Effect of 10th class % in placements?
Effect of 10th % in campus placement
25th February 2016, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Deforestation and its effect

As you have asked about the Deforestation and its effects, I am giving you information about it, check below for the information
Deforestation, clearance or clearing is the elimination of a forest or stand of trees where the land is thereafter converted to a non-forest use.
Examples of deforestation include conversion of forestland to farms, ranches, or urban use. Tropical rainforests is where the most concentrated deforestation occurs.

Almost 30% of the world is covered by forests, excluding water mas
Deforestation occurs for many reasons: trees are cut down to be used or sold as fuel (sometimes in the form of charcoal) or timber, while cleared land is used as pasture for livestock, plantations of commodities and settlements.
The removal of trees without sufficient reforestation has resulted in damage to habitat, biodiversity loss and aridity.

It has adverse impacts on bio sequestration of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
Deforestation has also been used in war to deprive the enemy of cover for its forces and also vital resources.

Effects of Deforestation

1. Climate Imbalance: Deforestation also affects the climate in more than one ways. Trees release water vapor in the air, which is compromised on with the lack of trees.

2. Increase in Global Warming: Trees play a major role in controlling global warming. The trees utilize the greenhouse gases, restoring the balance in the atmosphere.

3. Soil Erosion: Also due to the shade of trees the soil remains moist. With the clearance of tree cover, the soil is directly exposed to the sun, making it dry.

4. Floods: When it rains, trees absorb and store large amount of water with the help of their roots. When they are cut down, the flow of water is disrupted and leads to floods in some areas and droughts in other.

5. Wildlife Extinction: Due to massive felling down of trees, various species of animals are lost. They lose their habitat and forced to move to new location.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in