2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st December 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: After 6 Semester CS branch can I join Flying Branch

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Air force flying branch now.
You can apply for CDS exam, here are details:

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.
The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.

Educational Qualification:

(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Those candidates who are studying in the final years Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.

Exam pattern
Written Exam:
Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 2hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.

For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising of English and General Knowledge.

Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.
27th May 2015, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I am B.TECH third year Computer Science and Engineering student and want to join Flying Branch . What is the procedure ?
27th May 2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to say that being B.TECH third year Computer Science and Engineering student you are not eligible to join Flying Branch .

There are 3 modes by which a applicant can join the IAF. They are:

• National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )

• Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)

• Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women) with Term of Engagement of 14 Years with no further extension

The selection of the students is done by 4 steps.

• Scrutiny of Applications
• Conducting of Medical Examinations
• Testing Officer Like Qualities
• Preparing All India Merit List

Eligibility Required:

Students want to join the CDS Examination must be graduates with specialization in science.

Candidates must be no less than 19 years of age.

Students who are holders of Air Wing Senior division ‘C’ Certificate can join the Air Force.

Students must be graduates in any discipline. The aspirants must not be below 19 years and not above 23 years when they apply.

Students want to join by the Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission must be graduates with a background in science.

Candidates must have passed their higher secondary with a minimum of 60 percent in Mathematics and Physics.

Candidates must be no less than 19 years when they join and they ought not to be above 25 years.

Training Institutes in India

• Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
• Communications Training Institute
• Electronics Training Institute
• Elementary Flying Training School, Beeder (AP).
• Fighter Training Wing, Hakimpeth.
• Flying Instructors School, Tambaram
• Mechanical Transport Training Institute
• Paratrooper Training School, Agra
• Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore.
• Air force Training Technical College, Jalahali.
• Airmen Training School (ATS)
• College of Air warfare, Sikandrabad.
• The Administrative Training Institute
• The Electrical And Instrument Training Institute
• Workshop Training Institute

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in