2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th April 2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Zion's Camp SVU

Hello sir I am a student of Southern Virginia University (SVU) and have heard about the Zion's Camp. Can you please tell me in details about this Zion's Camp and also tell me work of this camp and the motto of this Zion's Camp?
Similar Threads
Thread
NDA Camp Emporia Ks
CRPF Camp LKO
MBA tennis camp
Mount zion MBA
SVYASA PDC Camp
Pnc Bank Zion Il 60099
SMU Kingsway Camp
MBA LEGO Camp
AME Zion Colleges
PMP Boot Camp Course
MBA Rifle Camp
PMP Boot Camp San Francisco
MBA Dodgeball Camp
MBA Day Camp
MBA Boot Camp
Zion CBSE School Tambaram
C-Camp NCBS-TIFR
NCC Camp IIT Kharagpur
Nss Camp Ptu
Mount zion cbse school pudukkottai
3rd September 2018, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Re: Zion's Camp SVU

Can you provide me the details of the - Missionary Work at Southern Virginia Universitys Zions Camp meant for the youth of the Country?
3rd September 2018, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Zion's Camp SVU

Zions Camp at Southern Virginia University is a six-day missionary training experience. The camp is designed to help youth, ages 14-18, strengthen their testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ while preparing for missionary service.

Bruce Olsen, Director of Public Affairs for Southern Virginia University, serves as the Director of Zions Camp.

Zions Camp polishes the teaching skills of prospective missionaries and imparts confidence and growth in testimony of Jesus Christ.

From the moment the participants arrive at the camp, they are expected to live like a full-time missionary.

Each is assigned a companion for the week with which they spend time studying and teaching. Participants are grouped into zones that have 2 counsellors whose primary role is to supervise and provide daily instruction.

Participants attended devotionals, meetings and workshops where they learned about various topics such as effective teaching principles and using technology in missionary work.

Guest speakers included Lee Donaldson from the LDS Church Missionary Department along with other church leaders and educators.

On the final day of the camp, participants received copies of The Book of Mormon to share with someone when they returned home.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in