2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Z Os Dce

How many services available with Z Os Dce? Where I will download the Z Os Dce application? Can I access the application from single server or not? Is the Directory Service and Remote Procedure Call Service available in the application? What is the latest version of this application?
1st September 2018, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Re: Z Os Dce

Hello sir, should I use Distributed Computing Environment for Z/OS server? Please provide me use of Distributed Computing Environment Z/OS server?
1st September 2018, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Z Os Dce

Sorry to say you but the Distributed Computing Environment does not for Z/OS server.

The File Service is based on a personal computer view of files, and is not relevant to the CICS Transaction Server for z/OS environment.

Distributed Computing Environment is an architecture defined by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) to provide an Open Systems platform to address the challenges of distributed computing.

It is being ported to all major IBM and many non-IBM environments.

Current DCE implementations use TCP/IP rather than SNA as their communication protocol.

DCE is based on three distributed computing models:

Client/server
A way of organizing a distributed application
Remote procedure call
A way of communicating between parts of a distributed application
Shared files
A way of handling data in a distributed system, based on a personal computer file access model.

The DFS client (DFSCM) is a physical file system that is started during z/OS UNIX initialization based on a FILESYSTYPE statement in the BPXPRMxx parmlib member.

Starting with z/OS V1R13, the DFS client function is removed.

Element or feature: z/OS Distributed File Service.
When change was introduced: z/OS V1R13 (previewed in z/OS V1R12 Software Announcement 210-235, dated July 22, 2010).
Applies to migration from: z/OS V1R12.
Timing: Before installing z/OS V2R1.
Is the migration action required? Yes.
Target system hardware requirements: None.
Target system software requirements: None.
Other system (coexistence or fallback) requirements: None.
Restrictions: None.
System impacts: None.
Related IBM Health Checker for z/OS check: Use ZOSMIGREC_SMB_RPC available by APAR OA30117

Steps to take:
IOEDFSXP
IOEAGSLV
IOEAGFMT
IOEZADM

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in