2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th October 2014, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Will I get admission in MCA in Jadavpur University after scoring 52% in B.Sc(Hons

As you want to pursue MCA from Jadavpur University, but for its MCA candidate must have minimum 55% marks in graduation(45% for SC/ST).

Hence, if you belong to SC/ST then you are eligible for MCA program else not.

I am also providing you with the syllabus of its entrance test:

SYALLABUS OF MATHEMATICS:

(i) Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate,

straight line,circle, elipse,parabolla,hyparabola,traslation

& rotation of axes.

(ii) Algebra: Complex number,De Movier’s theorem,Solution

of equations,Determinants,Matrics,Summation of signal

series,Addition of vector,Scalar and vector products,

Inequation,Sets and diagram,Union and intersection of sets,

Complements, Algebra of sets,Finite sets, Class of sets,

partitions,cross product,Group,Ring and Field.

(iii) Calculas: Limit,Continuity,Differentiation, Maxima and

minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s siries; Definite and indefinite

intrigals; First and second order differential equation;Functions of several variables; partial differentiation.

(iv) Probability & Statistics: Permutation , Combination;

Probability distribution; Mean ; Median ; Mode; Standerd

deviation; Correlation coefficient.

SYALLABUS OF APTITUDE TEST:

(i) Reasoning,(ii) Problem solving, (iii) Quantitive Comparision

(iv) Discrete Quantitive Analysis & (v) Data interpretation.
21st March 2015, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Re: Will I get admission in MCA in Jadavpur University after scoring 52% in B.Sc(Hons

Can you tell me if I can get admission in Master of Computer Applications (MCA) in Jadavpur University after scoring 52% in B.Sc(Hons.)?
21st March 2015, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

No, you cannot get admission in Master of Computer Applications (MCA) in Jadavpur University after scoring 52% in B.Sc(Hons.) as you do not fulfill its eligibly. Its eligibility is as follows:

A University degree in any discipline under (10+2+3) pattern with at least 55% marks (45% marks for SC/ST) in Honours /Aggregate as applicable and Mathematics as one of the subject in the degree level or B.E./B.Tech .

Degree in any discipline (other than in Computer Sc. & Engg.) with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) or BCA under (10+2+3) pattern with at least 60% marks (50% SC/ST)

Selection Procedure

Admission is on the basis of a Joint Entrance Examination (JECA) conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examinations for Admission to Engineering, Medical and Technological Degree Colleges

Admission forms for Jadavpur University are issued only to JECA-qualified candidates. Such candidates need to appear at an interview along with the admission form duly filled in. The date and venue of the interview are notified by the University immediately after publication of the JECA results.

Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying (Bachelor level) exam but are awaiting their results can also apply and appear for the interview.

If selected, such candidates are admitted provisionally.

They need to submit valid proof of having passed the qualifying exam with the required percentage of marks within 3 months of commencement of First Year First Semester classes, failing which their provisional admission is cancelled.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in