2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Will I be able to apply for the UGC NET exam after distance MBA?

As you want to get the details that will you be able to apply for the UGC NET exam after distance MBA so here it is for you:

Yes you can apply for the UGC NET exam

But your college must be affiliated with the DIC

It must also be approved by UGC

Here for your reference I am giving you the eligibility criteria of UGC NET:

Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must have passed mater’s degree with minimum of 55% for the general ones and 50% for the reserved ones

Candidates who have passed Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.

ENCLOSURES TO BE SENT WITH THE APPLICATION:
The candidates should send the following documents with printout on separate A-4 size papers of their online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) :-

Original copy of Bank Challan (UGC copy).
Attested copies of OBC (Non creamy layer)/SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD) certificates, in case applicable.
Certificate of educational qualification/research experience, in case applicable, entitling the candidate for age relaxation, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.

EXAMINATION FEE
General Candidates Rs.450/-
Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website :Rs.225/-
SC/ST/PWD candidates Rs.110/-

Important Dates:
Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee. : Monday; May 05, 2014
Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). : Wednesday; May 07, 2014
Last date of taking printout of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from UGC website : Saturday; May 10, 2014
Last date for receiving the printout of online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) at the respective Coordinating University opted by the candidate (with fee receipt & category certificate(s) ) : Thursday; May 15, 2014

Contact Details:
University Grants Commission New Delhi
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
Balmiki Basti,
Vikram Nagar,
New Delhi,
Delhi 110002 ‎
093 33 778791 ‎
India

Map Location:
[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=University+Grants+Commission+New+Delhi,+Bah adur+Shah+Zafar+Marg,+Balmiki+Basti,+Vikram+Nagar, +New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&ll=28.632445,77.245216&spn =0.009511,0.013046&sll=21.125498,81.914063&sspn=20 .602762,26.71875&oq=University+Grants+Commission+& hq=University+Grants+Commission&hnear=Bahadur+Shah +Zafar+Marg,+Balmiki+Basti,+Vikram+Nagar,+New+Delh i,+Central+Delhi,+Delhi&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
25th December 2015, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Can you please provide me a solution for the concern I am having about Will I be able to apply for the UGC NET exam after distance MBA?
25th December 2015, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Well yes you can apply for the NET examination which is held by UGC twice a year if you satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria

Important thing here is that
You are getting degree
The university is recognized and
You must be holding 55% marks in your MBA

Because the Minimum qualification for NET entrance exam

Masters in subject from acknowledged university with at least 55% marks.

So you are eligible for the same.

Age limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - one should be not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5 years is valid for SC, ST and for OBC candidates.

For Lectureship - There is no higher age limit for applying for lectureship.

Syllabus of the NET Exam is as follows:

Paper I

General knowledge
Current affairs
Aptitude and reasoning

((Exam is of 100 marks and a objective type paper).

Paper II

Core subjects

((Exam carries 100 marks)

Paper III

Selected core subjects

(Exam carries 200 marks)

(Total marks the paper carries is 400 marks)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in