2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Where Is Kharagpur IIT

Hello sir I have given IIT Jee main exam and I got 200 marks and I have given Jee advance also I got good marks so I have been selected in Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur but I don’t know Where Is Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur? So would you please provide me address of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur???
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Kharagpur BCA]
IIT Kharagpur IPR
IIT Kharagpur MBA
IIT Kharagpur NRC
IIT Kharagpur MUN
IIT Kharagpur IPR Phd
KV Kharagpur IIT
CET Kharagpur IIT
IIT Kharagpur MSC
Kharagpur IIT KV
ECE IIT Kharagpur
Cut Off For IIT Kharagpur MBA
2 EE IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur Gym
PDF in IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur Phd
IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur West Bengal
IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur India
XPS at IIT Kharagpur
25th July 2018, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: Where Is Kharagpur IIT

I want to visit Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur so can you tell me where the Institute is located?
25th July 2018, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Where Is Kharagpur IIT

The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951 in Kharagpur, India.

It was the first of the IITs to be established, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India - 721302
Phone: +91-3222-255221
FAX : +91-3222-255303

How to reach IIT KGP

By train

Kharagpur is well connected to most major cities of India by rail. There are frequent trains to Kharagpur.

Alternatively, you can reach the Howrah Railway station and take a local or express train to Kharagpur.

OR

Book a cab to reach Kharagpur via road. The distance is almost 140KM. The travel time is approximately 2.30 hrs. It costs roughly Rs. 3000/- (depending on the taxi type).

The Institute is 5 km from Kharagpur railway station. (Kharagpur Rly stn.-IIT campus: Taxi fare Rs. 150 /-, Rickshaw Fare Rs. 60/-, Auto rickshaw Fare Rs.100/-)

By Air

The nearest airport to Kharagpur is the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata.

You can get a flight to Kolkata airport on regular basis. It is widely connected to almost all the major destinations of the country.

From Kolkata Airport you can take a cab from the Airport taxi stand to Kharagpur. The distance is almost 140KM. The travel time is approximately 2.30 hrs. It costs roughly Rs. 3000/- (depending on the taxi type).

OR

You can take a cab and reach Howrah railway station. Take a taxi to Howrah Station (UBER and OLA is available). The cost is approximately Rs. 300. It takes around 1.30 Hrs (if you get Traffic Jam) to reach Howrah station.

There is regular Express and Local (choice is yours) trains to Kharagpur. It takes 2 hrs by an express train - Fare - Rs 60/- to 150/- depending on class and train type.

The Institute is 5 km from Kharagpur railway station. (Kharagpur Rly stn.-IIT campus: Taxi fare Rs. 150 /-, Rickshaw Fare Rs. 60/-, Auto rickshaw Fare Rs.100/-)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in