2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd March 2017, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: When is the NDA Entrance Exam

National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Exam (I), 2017 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 23rd April 2017, for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 139th Course, and for the 101 Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd Jan, 2018.

One Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B. Tech course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies

Important Dates NDA and NA Exam (I)-2017

Date of Notification: 18th January 2017

The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 18th January 2017 to 10th February 2017 (Friday)

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 10th February 2017 (Friday)

Availability of e-Admit Cards: 3 Weeks before the commencement of Exam (tentative)

Last date for submission of application: 10th February 2017 (Friday)

Date of NDA 2017 (I) Examination: 23rd April 2017 (Sunday)

Written Exam Results will be declared in: July-Aug 2017 (tentative)

INAC commencing from: 02nd Jan 2018 (tentative)

SSB Interview for the candidates qualified in Written Exam will be held during: Sep 2017 to Dec 2017 (tentative)

Eligibility

Nationality:
One must either be
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal

Educational Qualifications

(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
One appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Age Limit, Sex and Marital Status:
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2001 are eligible.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in