2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

What Is The Syllabus Of SSC

I am preparing for my Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level SSC CGL exam so provide me the syllabus and the exam pattern of this exam? If possible provide me the last year question papers of the SSC CGL exam in a pdf file?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
9th May 2018, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Re: What Is The Syllabus Of SSC

I want the syllabus of SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam so will you please provide me?
9th May 2018, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What Is The Syllabus Of SSC

I am providing you the syllabus of SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam

SSC CHSL Exam syllabus

Tier Type Mode
Tier I Objective Multiple Choice Computer Based (online)
Tier II Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi Pen and Paper mode
Tier III Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test Wherever Applicable

SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern

Section Subject No of Questions Max Marks Duration
1 General Intelligence and Reasoning 25 50 75 minutes
2 General Awareness 25 50
3 Quantitative Aptitude 25 50
4 English Comprehension 25 50
Total 100 200

SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern

SSC CHSL Tier-II is a descriptive test that is conducted to test the written skills of candidates in English/Hindi.

The paper involves writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of about 150-200 words.

The minimum marks that a candidate needs to qualify SSC CHSL Tier-II are 33 per cent.

The total time duration of the exam is of 60 minutes and total marks are 100 marks.

All the questions are based on the concepts of 10th standard.

The total time duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.

SSC CHSL Tier-III Exam Pattern

The Tier III of SSC CGL 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are needed for selection to certain government posts.

Syllabus-

General Intelligence

The General Intelligence will include questions of non-verbal and verbal reasoning. The GI test will include questions on Semantic Classification, Semantic Analogy, Emotional Intelligence, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Coding and de-coding, Trends, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Classification, Figural Pattern folding and completion, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving.

English Language

Synonyms/Homonyms, Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words, Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Improvement of Sentences, One word substitution, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Comprehension Passage, Cloze Passage.

Quantitative Aptitude:

Number Systems: Relationship between numbers, Decimal and Fractions, Computation of Whole Number

Fundamental arithmetical operations: Time and distance, Time and work, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Discount, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation.

Algebra: Graphs of Linear Equations, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems).

Geometry: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts, Circle and its chords, tangents, common tangents to two or more circles, angles subtended by chords of a circle.

Mensuration: Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base, Triangle, Regular Polygons, Quadrilaterals, Circle, Right Circular Cone, Right Prism, Sphere, Hemispheres, Right Circular Cylinder, Rectangular Parallelepiped

Trigonometry: Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc., Trigonometry, Complementary angles, Trigonometric ratios.

Statistical Charts : Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, use of Tables and Graphs, Frequency polygon, Histogram

General Awareness

Knowledge of current events, general awareness of the environment and society. Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries. General Geography, History, Culture, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in