2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th January 2017, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: What Do You Need To Pass The RD Exam

The Registration Examination for Dietitians is offered by The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), which is the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).

Eligibility Criteria :

1. B.Sc. Home Science in Foods & Nutrition. (Day Scholar)
2. + Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics OR M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition (This is 3 + 1 format where in the candidate must have done a minimum of four years in Home Science or Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics)
3. + six months continuous internship (Or 3+3 months) from recognised hospitals

Preparation Tips for the RD Exam

Don’t start studying until the end of your internship. You are already going to have a lot on your plate with internship work.

Give yourself a small break after you finish your internship. You have earned it!
Make a clear plan of how you are going to study and when you will should feel ready to take the exam.

Register for your exam as soon as you are eligible. I think this was a key motivator for keeping me on track with studying. If I had waited until I felt ‘ready’ then I would have probably kept putting it off.

Study concepts instead of just memorizing material.

Instead of studying in long blocks, study in short increments for 1-2 hours at a time.
Don’t wait too long to take your exam

For Any Query you may Contact to Following :

Salome Benjamin
2/266/3488, Tagore Nagar,
Vikhroli East, Mumbai - 400083
Maharashtra, India.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in