2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

What Causes Poverty Around The World

Hello sir, I am Yogesh Tripathi. I am from Bhopal. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the causes of poverty around the world. Can you tell what the causes are?
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA world cup
MBA around the world
World MBA
The Ads Of The World
How to End Poverty in India
Poverty in India Causes
Poverty in India Introduction
Reason Of Poverty
Poverty Alleviation Programmes In India
Poverty Countries List
Causes and effects of poverty
Cause And Effect Of Poverty
Anti Poverty Programs In India
Poverty And India
Top 10 Countries In Poverty
Causes of Poverty in India
Poverty Solutions in India
Best MBA in the World
Best MBA Around The World
World Institute Of World Politics
25th February 2016, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What Causes Poverty Around The World

As you have asked about the causes of poverty around the world, I am giving you information about it
History:

Many of the poorest nations in the world were former colonies, slave-exporting areas and territories from which resources had been systematically extracted for the benefit of colonizing countries.
Although there are notable exceptions (Australia, Canada and the U.S. being perhaps the most prominent), for most of these former colonies, colonialism and its legacies have helped create the conditions that prevent many people from accessing land, capital, education and other resources that allow people to support themselves adequately.

War & political instability:

Both of these factors have often been tied to histories of colonialism, but whatever the causes of war and political upheaval, it is clear that safety, stability and security are essential for subsistence and, beyond that, economic prosperity and growth.
Without these basics, natural resources cannot be harnessed individually or collectively, and no amount of education, talent or technological know-how will allow people to work and reap the benefits of the fruits of their labour.

National Debt:

Many poor countries carry significant debt loads due to loans from wealthier nations and international financial institutions.
Poorer nations pay an average of $2.30 in debt service for every $1 received in grant aid. In addition, structural adjustment policies by organizations like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund often require poorer nations to open their markets to outside business and investors, thereby increasing competition with local businesses and, many argue, undermining the potential development of local economies.

Discrimination and social inequality:

Poverty and inequality are two different things, but inequality can feed widespread poverty by barring groups with lower social status from accessing the tools and resources to support themselves.

Vulnerability to natural disasters:

In regions of the world that are already less wealthy, recurrent or occasional catastrophic natural disasters can pose a significant obstacle to eradicating poverty

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in