2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2015, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Vision Of IAF

What is the vision and mission of the IAF? I really want to get into the Indian Air force so I am interested to knowing theses details? And also tell me about the IAF Western Air Command purpose and the vision statement of it? All help are appreciated.
Similar Threads
Thread
IIM Rohtak Vision
NMIMS Vision
Vision Of DRDO
Vision day DTU
IIM Lucknow Vision
Vision VTU
IIT Bombay Vision
HPCL Vision
IFFCO Vision
Vision Of BPCL
Mission And Vision Of RTU
NDA Vision
Vision IIT Hyderabad
Satellite Vision
MBA Vision Statement
Vision JIPMER
MBA Vision
NPCIL Vision
Vision Standards for NDA
ISRA Vision GA
16th July 2018, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Re: Vision Of IAF

Hello sir, is there any one can tell me what are main vision defects of Indian Air Force? Please give me vision of Indian Air Force?
16th July 2018, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Vision Of IAF

The IAF is provides a special vision for participants. One must have 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, which can be correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.

Vision Defects

Manifest hypermetropia must not exceed +2.0D Sphere.
No Myopia.
Astigmatism must be +0.75 D Cyl with +2.0 D maximum
Near Vision must be N-5 each eye.

IAF is relaxed selection rules after which candidates with poor vision acuity can fly helicopters and transport planes after undergoing corrective surgery like LASIK and Radial Keratotomy.

The only condition is that the vision-corrected candidates have to meet basic post-surgery requirements set up by the IAF.

Near Vision must be N-5 each eye.

Near vision is determined using Times Roman type and is assessed at reading distance (30-50 cm) and at 100 cm.

The 100-cm distance is important in the aircraft cockpit and similar environments and for users of CRT displays.

Color Vision must be CP-1(ML T). Color Perception-1: The correct recognition of coloured lights shown through the paired apertures on the Holmes-Wright lantern at LOW BRIGHTNESS at 6 metres (20 feet) distance in complete darkness.

LASIK Surgery
LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch)

Ocular Muscle Balance:

At 6 meters
Exophoria 6 prism Diopters
Esophoria 6 prism Diopters
Hyperphoria 1 prism Diopters
Hypophoria 1 prism Diopters

At 33 cm
Exophoria 16 prism Diopters
Esophoria 6 prism Diopters
Hyperphoria 1 prism Diopters
Hypophoria 1 prism Diopters

Quick Reply