2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Visa and Green Card mean

A visa is a conditional authorization given by a competent authority of a country for a person who is not a citizen of that country to enter its country and to remain there for a limited duration.

Green card, the informal name for an ID card attesting to the permanent resident status of an immigrant in the United States

Green Card, the certificate CARD issued by The Council of Bureaux' International Motor Insurance Card System

21st March 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I am kunal and I am shifting to USA for my higher studies. I have been told that I need a Visa and Green card for that purpouse, as I am quite unknown about these will you please provide me with an idea about these things?
21st March 2015, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hello kunal,

Its good to know that you are shifting to USA which is indeed the best place on earth for higher studies.

I would like to tell you that you don’t need to worry about the terms like Visa and Green card as you have to get used to these things.

So here below I am providing you with a short information about these things:

About VISA(Visitors International Stay Admission)

1.I would like to tell you that a VISA is a conditional authorization given by a competent authority of a country for a person who is not a citizen of that country to enter its territory and to remain there for a limited duration

2.Each country typically attaches various conditions to their visas, such as duration of stay, the territory covered by the visa, dates of validity, whether the visa is valid for more than one visit, etc.

3.I would also like to mention that Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter a country, and are thus, for some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country.

4.In any event, a visa is subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry, and can be revoked at any time.

If you want some more information regarding this topic kindly have a look here;

2. Green card

I would like to tell you that in United States of America(USA) the The green card serves as proof that its holder, a lawful permanent resident (LPR), has been officially granted immigration benefits, which include permission to reside and take employment in the United States.

The holder must maintain permanent resident status, and can be removed from the United States if certain conditions of this status are not met.

If you want to have a detailed insight about this here I am providing you with a file.. have a look..

Wish you had developed an idea about these things. Wish you all the success.. Thank you..visit again

Wish you a pleasant stay in USA.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Green card details.doc (155.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: doc VISA details.doc (360.5 KB, 71 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in