2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th May 2018, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: Virtual University MS Programs

Can you provide me the details of the MS (Master of Science) in Computer Science program offered by Virtual University of Pakistan?
29th May 2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Virtual University MS Programs

Virtual University of Pakistan has revised the study scheme for two-year MS in Computer Science (MSCS) degree program as per the guidelines of HEC curriculum. MS in Computer Science (MSCS) Program aims to - enlighten students with advanced theoretical and practical computer science knowledge; impart research faculties in the students and enable students to add fruitful research contribution in the field of Software Engineering, Computer Networks and Databases.

Program Admission Eligibility Criteria

One must have completed 16-year of education, i.e., BS in Computer Science/ BS in Information Technology/ Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)/ Master of Computer Science/ Master of Information Technology/ M.Sc. (Computer Science) from a recognized institution.

However, one having Computer Engineering / Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering / Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology / Bachelor of Engineering (Computer & Information System) / B.Sc. Computer System Engineering (16-year education) from a recognized institution is also eligible but has to qualify deficiency course.

One must have at least CGPA 2.50 out of 4 or first division wherein GPA system not implemented.

One needs to pass the Universitys Entry Test (with minimum 50% marks).

Duration

It is a two-year duration program spread over four semesters.
Each semester has at least 18 weeks duration.

Degree Requirements

For the completion of MS (CS) degree program, one needs to pass: 2 core courses, minimum 3 courses from the area of specialization, and
Option I: Research Thesis (6 credit hours) plus remaining credit hours from the list of available courses
OR
Option II: remaining credit hours from the list of available courses

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in