2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th May 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

VAV RTU Sequence Of Operation

Can you please forward me the guide of RTU sequence of operations for HVAC controls of the Variable air volume (VAV)? I am doing the course of the HVAC so I have to understand the RTU sequence of operations for the VAV and other HVAC equipment?
Similar Threads
Thread
Synopsis for MBA project in operation management
Operation RTU
Operation Charges AIMS
Synopsis For MBA Project In Operation Management
Basic Operation Of UPFC
MBA in Operation
Operation Management Certification
Sequence And series
NCSU MBA course sequence
Power Grid Operation
Principle Of Operation Of UPFC
MBA Operation Mgt
Ing Vysya Bank Operation Trainee
MBA in Operation Management
Indian Air force Operation Rahat
Operation Rahat IAF
Better to choose MBA Operation or MBA system
MBA Notes Production And Operation Management
26th December 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Re: VAV RTU Sequence Of Operation

hii sir, I received an Assignment of the topic sequence of operations for HVAC controls will you please help me to complete this assignment ?
26th December 2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: VAV RTU Sequence Of Operation

As you asking for the sequence of operations for HVAC controls

DEFINITIONS
A. DDC: Direct digital control.
B. VAV: Variable air volume.

RTU SEQUENCE OF OPERATIONS:

A. General: Provide factory mounted and wired microprocessor based controls, interfaced with the Building Automation System (BAS).
Provide any field supplied devices to complete this sequence of operation. Install any RTU manufacture supplied devices to complete this sequence of operation. Coordinate with Section 15782 for RTU manufacturer supplied devices.
The BAS will determine Occupied/Unoccupied mode for the rooftop unit from Owner defined schedule.

B. Unoccupied Mode: Unit fans, heat, and refrigeration will be de-energized, and the outside air damper will be closed. When at least 3 zones associated with a particular unit fall outside of the unoccupied mode temperature range (60°F to 85°F-adjustable), the unit fan will be energized and controlled as described below. The unit outside air damper shall remain closed and exhaust fan shall remain de-energized, unless cooling is called for and economizer operation is available. The unit shall be de-energized once all zones are within the unoccupied mode temperature range.

Unoccupied Heating Mode: If the zone temperatures are below the unoccupied mode
range, all zone air terminals’ control sequence shall be changed to reverse acting (see
below), and the unit discharge air temperature will be controlled to 95°F (adjustable) by
modulating the gas furnace.
2. Unoccupied Cooling Mode: If the zone temperatures are above the range, the unit
discharge air temperature will be controlled to 55°F (adjustable) by staging on DX cooling

rest of the complete details of the sequences of operations of HVAC controls
you may find in the below attachments that is free to download

Sequence of operations of the HVAC control

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in