2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th February 2013, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC IAS Syllabus For General Studies

Here I am giving you UPSC IAS General Studies syllabus:

(1) History of Modern India and Indian Culture

The History of Modern India will cover history of the Country from about the middle of nineteenth century and would also include questions on important personalities who shaped the freedom movement and social reforms.

The part relating to Indian culture will cover all aspects of Indian culture from the ancient to modern times as well as principal features of literature, arts and architecture.

(2) Geogrphy of India

In this part, questions will be on the physical, economic and social geography of India.

(3) Constitution of India and Indian Polity

This part will include questions on the Constitution of India as well as all constitutional, legal, administrative and other issues emerging from the politico-administrative system prevalent in the country.

(4) Current National issues and topics of social relevance

This part is intended to test the candidate's awareness of current national issues and topics of social relevance in present-day India, such as the following:

(i) The Indian economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.

(ii) Issues arising from the social and economic exclusion of large sections from the benefits of development.

(iii) Other issues relating to the development and management of human resource.

(iv) Health issues including the management of Public Health, Health education and ethical concerns regarding health-care, medical research and pharmaceuticals.

(v) Law enforcement, internal security and related issues such as the preservation of communal harmony.

(vi) Issues relating to good governance and accountability to the citizens including the maintenance of human rights, and of probity in public life.

(vii) Environmental issues, ecological preservation, conservation of natural resources and national heritage.

If you want complete syllabus then you have to download attached word file. This file is free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc UPSC IAS General Study Syllabus.doc (25.0 KB, 79 views)
21st March 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

I am Kriti Sagar and I am appearing for IAS examination conducted by UPSC. So kindly provide me with the syllabus of general studies for my better preparation in examination.
21st March 2015, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Mr. Sagar

Before providing you with the syllabus for this examination I would like to tell you that IAS examination is one of the most reputed and toughest exams in India on graduation level so you must get prepared for that.

As there are four papers of general studies and you have not specified the paper of whose syllabus you are looking for I am here providing you with the one, so that you can develop a idea from that:

The UPSC Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours

• Current events of national and international importance.

• History of India and Indian National Movement.

• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.

• Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

• Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.

• General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.

• General Science

Here I am providing you with a link that contains a details insight of the syllabus of various papers of general studies for this examination. Have a look:

Wish you all the success… thank you.. Visit again
Attached Files
File Type: doc IAS Exam general studies syllabus all.doc (36.0 KB, 89 views)

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in