2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th July 2012, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC History Syllabus

You want to get UPSC history syllabus for Paper I….here it is:

1. Sources:

Archaeological sources: Exploration, excavation, epigraphy numismatics, monuments.
Literary sources:
Indigenous: Primary and secondary ; poetry, scientific literature, literature , literature in regional languages, religious literature.
Foreign accounts: Greek, Chinese and Arab writers.

2. Pre-history and Proto-history: Geographical factors ; hunting and gather ing (paleol i thic and mesol i thic) ; Beginning of agriculture (neolithic and chalcolithic).

3. Indus Valley Civilization: Origin, date, extent, characteristics, decline, survival and significance, art and architecture

4. Megalithic Cultures: Distribution of pastoral and farming cultures outside the Indus, Development of community life, Settlements, Development of agriculture, Crafts, Pottery, and Iron industry.

5.Aryans and Vedic Period: Expansions of Aryans in India.
Vedic Period: Religious and philosophic literature; Transformation from Rig Vedic period to the later Vedic period; Political, social and economical life; Significance of the Vedic Age; Evolution of Monarchy and Varna system.

For the rest of the syllabus for Paper I And the syllabus for paper II I am uploading the file.
Attached Files
File Type: doc UPSC IAS Syllabus History.doc (46.5 KB, 100 views)

Tags
syllabus, upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in