2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd August 2014, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC Cutoff Marks

Civil Services Exam exams are being organized every year for the following posts given below:

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Revenue Service

IAS Exams are conducted in three phases.
Phase I:Civil Services Aptitude Test
Phase II:Civil Services Mains
Phase III: Personality test (Interview)

21st March 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Will you please provide the UPSC Special Class Railways Apprentices’ Examination Cutoff Marks ?
21st March 2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

As you are looking for the UPSC Special Class Railways Apprentices’ Examination Cutoff Marks , here I am providing same for you (2014)

S. No. Category Marks Minimum
out of600 Marks in each
Paper

1 Gen 349 25%
2 OBC 279 25%
3 SC 226 22%
4 ST 180 22%
5 PH-I 205 22%

Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate of
SCRA Examination 2014

S. No. Category Marks out of 800
1 Gen 508
2 OBC 422
3 SC 350
4 ST 310
5 PH-I 311

SCRA is a very big department of Indian RRB thus employees under it are appointed through SCRA exam ,under the supervision of Union Public Service Commission.

After the completion of four years apprentice course, applicants are recruited at higher position in Indian Railway, perchance, Group A officers.

Eligibility for SCRA :-

Applicants should have passed Intermediate with first or second division, with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Age Limit:- 17-21 years.

Upper Age Relaxation:-

OBC - 3 years
SC/ST - 5 years

Exam syllabus :

SCRA is a written exam constitutes three papers;

Paper I tests English proficiency, General Knowledge and Psychological Test
Paper II includes subjects like Physics and Chemistry
Paper III is based on Mathematics.

General Knowledge: -topics are Man & Environment, Solar System & the Earth, History, Politics & Society in India, Evolution of Life, Plants & Animals, Constitution of India and its feature, Money and Taxation Price.

Psychological test: - The test will judge the basic intelligence and mechanical aptitude of the students.

Physics:- Newton’s LAW OF Gravitation, Principle of Archimedes, Length measurements using venier , screw gauge and optical lever, Measurements of time and Mass, Newton’s Law of Motion, Moment of a Force, Wave Motion , Reflection and Refraction of Light, Electric Charge, Electric Field, Coulomb’s Law, Ohm’s Law, Magnetic effect of Current, Chemical effects of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Cathode Rays, Discovery of the electron and many more.

Chemistry:- Physical Chemistry- Electro-Valent, Covalent, Coordinate Covalent Bonds, Energy Changes in a Chemical Reaction, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Equilibrium and rates of reactions, Solutions, Electro Chemistry, Oxidation, Natural & Artificial Radioactivity.

Inorganic Chemistry:- Hydrogen, Group I elements, Group II elements, Group III elements, Group IV elements, Group V elements, Group VI elements, Group VII elements, Group O and Metallurgical Process.

Organic Chemistry:- Halogen derivatives, Hydroxy Compounds, Ethers, Aldehydes and ketones, Nitro compounds amines, Carboxylic acid, Ester, Tetrahedral Nature of Carbon, General methods of preparation, properties and reaction of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, Polymers and Nonstructural treatment of Carbohydrates, Fats and Lipids, amino acids and proteins.

Mathematics:- Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry (two dimensions), Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different equations, Vectors & its application, Statistics & Probability.

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in