2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: UPSC Civil services exam prepration tips

Dear all the first don’t be panic bcoz it’s a exam not too hard if you take it much mindly that time you feel nervious so be lightly and make a soft sechdule for study and feel relaxe follow following tips if you feel it suitable for you.

Create a study schedule
Prepare a chart/diagram for Paper understand the interlinking of the topics and make remembering them a lot easier
Write short notes point-wise for important topics to help you prepare
Use flash-cards to remember definitions
Current affairs are very important so it is necessary to stay updated with Newspapers, magazines and the internet
Focus on important events that have occurred over the past 5 years
Study the political science, economics and history portions from Class 10th and Class 12th books
To prepare for Paper II it is important to remember that all concepts are based from Class 10th
Revise mathematics and English Grammar from your Class 10th books
Solve previous year paper so that you are familiar to the kind of questions asked in the exam.
Always time yourself while solving sample papers to improve on your speed.
General Studies is a topic that is not easily exhausted; it is important to keep updating your knowledge throughout
23rd March 2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for the UPSC civil services exam. Will you please give me some tips for the exam?
23rd March 2015, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

As per your request, I am giving you some tips for preparation of the UPSC civil services examinations.

Prepare according to syllabus, it will help you to answer the more questions
Refer some good books
Try to solve previous years question papers it will help you to understand the pattern of the exam
Try to increase your speed to solve the questions
Read some good news papers, it will increase your general knowledge.
Read some good English news papers like Times of India, Hindustan times etc to increase your vocabulary skills.
UPSC Exams required the lots of efforts.

Here, I am giving you UPSC Civil services syllabus

UPSC Civil services prelim syllabus

UPSC Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
Current events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

UPSC Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
Comprehension.
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision-making and problem-solving.
General mental ability.
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

UPSC Mains paper

Qualifying Papers
Paper‐ A – Indian Language – Syllabus. (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution. This paper will not be compulsory for candidates hailing from the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.) 300 Marks.

Paper‐ B – English Language – Syllabus . 300 Marks.
Paper‐I Essay – Syllabus. 250 Marks.
Paper‐II General Studies – I – Syllabus. 250Marks. (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society).
Paper‐III General Studies –II – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations).
Paper‐IV General Studies –III – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Technology, Economic Development, Bio‐diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management).
Paper‐V General Studies –IV – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude).
Paper‐VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 – 250 Marks.
Paper‐VII Optional Subject – Paper 2 – 250 Marks.

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in