2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

University of Regina prince Albert SK

I am a student of the University of Regina. I want to know about the facilities available at the Faculty of Social Work Prince Albert Campus so can you please tell me what are the facilities available at the Faculty of Social Work Prince Albert Campus of the University of Regina? Give me the contact address and the location map of it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Prince Albert Mental Health Centre Address
Prince Telecom Corporate Office
372 University Park Drive Regina SK
Regina SK University
University Park pharmacy Regina SK
University Park Clinic Regina SK
Homes for Sale in University Park Regina SK
Icet prince charles
President's Gala University Of Regina
Prince 2 Certification in Pune
Prince Diamond Jewellery
Prince Jewelers
Prince College
Prince's drawing school jobs
Teri Dibble University Of Regina
Prince's Drawing School Kensington
University of Regina French Institute
Institute of Albert Einstein
Prince's drawing school graphic novel
New Prince Matriculation
12th April 2018, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Re: University of Regina prince Albert SK

Can you tell me in detail about the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program offered by the Faculty of Social Work in University of Regina?
12th April 2018, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: University of Regina prince Albert SK

The Master of Social Work (MSW) offered by Faculty of Social Work in University of Regina is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE).

Fundamental to program is an emphasis on integrative analysis as a means of understanding the manner in which social research, direct social work practice, social policy development, and social administration are interrelated.

Program Description
For admission in the MSW program one must hold a BSW degree. In the program one will develop advanced social work techniques, gain a deeper knowledge of modes of social intervention, and become aware of broader aspects and issues of service delivery, social policy analysis, and social welfare research.

Classes are offered face-to-face in both Regina and Saskatoon, and some are also taught through video-conferencing.

Program Admission
MSW Application Criteria includes:
Attainment of a BSW
A qualifying graduating average of 70%
At least 2 years demonstrated professional experience in the human service field
2 written references, preferably 1 professional reference and 1 academic reference

Program Completion Options
Diverse course offerings in the program include research methods (qualitative and quantitative), social policy, direct practice, Indigenous perspectives, and social justice. Students are encouraged to advance their professional knowledge base, particularly in the areas of social policy and social justice.

By undertaking a thesis or practicum, one may increase the research or direct social work practice skills through engagement with individuals, families, groups, communities, or organizations. One is given the option of completing program requirements with a thesis or practicum (30 credit hours).

The thesis requires 6 courses including 2 research courses, a Thesis Proposal course, 2 electives, and a thesis. The practicum option requires 6 courses, including 2 research courses, 4 electives, and a field or research practicum.

Contact Detail:

Faculty of Social Work
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Education Building 456
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Phone: (306) 585.4554
Fax: (306) 585.4872

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in