2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd June 2015, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

University of Florida MS Aerospace

What is the given criteria and academic qualification to get admission in University of Florida under the course of Engineering in Aerospace? As I have recently shifted to Florida I want to pursue my Engineering from the Mentioned University under the Aerospace engineering course. so kindly enlist the admission details.
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA florida atlantic university
Syllabus of University of Florida
Phi MU University of Florida Address
Florida Atlantic University MBA
University of Florida Gainesville MS in MIS
St. Peter's University Florida
University of florida MBA
University of Florida MBA Program
University of Florida Distance MBA
HP University of Florida
University of Florida SAT Scores
University of Florida Online MBA
University Of Florida MBA PHD
Florida International University MBA
MBA University Of Florida
Florida State University AAU
FLORIDA International University MBA
Florida A&M University
University Florida MBA Healthcare
Executive MBA University Florida
9th June 2018, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Re: University of Florida MS Aerospace

Can you provide me the admission requirements for Master's Degree Program (MS or ME) Program offered by Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) of University of Florida?
9th June 2018, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Re: University of Florida MS Aerospace

The admission requirements for Master's Degree Program (MS or ME) Program offered by Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) of University of Florida are as follows:

Master's Degree Program (MS or ME)

Admission Requirements
For direct admission to the master's program, the following minimum requirements must be met:

1) A baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering or in Aerospace Engineering, or baccalaureate degree in a closely related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program.

2) A minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0/4.0.

3) A minimum combined score of 1100 for the Verbal and Quantitative portions of the GRE with minimum of 650 Quantitative for the old scoring system; or a minimum combined score of 301 for the Verbal and Quantitative portions of the GRE with minimum of 151 Quantitative for the new scoring system.

4) International applicants need to have a TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based, along with a verbal GRE score of 320 under the old scoring system or 140 under the new scoring system. The minimum requirements do not guarantee admission to our graduate program.

Plan of Study for Masters Degree

A total of 30 credit hours are required for the Masters degree. For the Masters degree with thesis degree option, this includes a minimum of 24 credits of coursework and 6 credits of thesis research (EAS/EML 6971).

Of this total, at least 12 credits of coursework (excluding S/U courses) must be in the student's major field of study. Technical courses from other fields may be used to satisfy the remaining 12 credits, so long as they are graduate level courses (5000 and above).

For a student pursuing a non-thesis degree option, a total of 30 credit hours (excluding S/U courses) are required. Of this total, at least 17 credits must be in the major field. For both the thesis and non-thesis degree, up to 6 credits of coursework at the 3000 or 4000 level from another department may be taken and used to satisfy degree requirements as long as they are a part of an approved plan of study.

However, 3000 and 4000 levels with the EGN suffix are not considered outside of the major, and therefore, shall not be considered for graduate credit.

If a minor is chosen, at least 6 credits of course work with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are required. Two six-credit minors may be taken. Courses numbered 3000 and above but offered by other departments may be taken for the minor.

A plan of study may include MAE courses numbered below 5000 and/or special individualized courses designed to provide review and/or articulation of educational objectives that are part of the undergraduate curriculum in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

Such courses, if included, shall be considered to be in excess of the minimum requirement. The number of credits of non-structured courses is limited to 4 course semester hours toward a master's degree.

To exceed this limit, a petition for waiver must be filed with the approval of the advisor and committee and approved by the Graduate Committee.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in