2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd May 2018, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Re: University of Calcutta Admission Criteria

I completed my 12th with commerce stream and want to take admission in University of Calcutta for doing higher studies. Will you please provide me details about the University of Calcutta Admission Criteria for different courses so that I plan to join also provide university address?
23rd May 2018, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: University of Calcutta Admission Criteria

The University of Calcutta is a public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857.

It was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university

Admission criteria for different courses:

Calcutta University offers admission in these courses under two categories, i.e. Category A for CU Candidates and Category B for Non-CU candidates. The admission under A and B categories is granted over 60% and 40% seats respectively.

Those students who have completed their Graduation from the Autonomous colleges of CU will be considered under Category A for all the current year admission.

Non-CU candidates and those who have completed their Graduation from CU in the preceding year will be treated in Category B.

B.Tech admission is based on the score in WBJEE conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) followed by counselling.

The university conducts its own entrance exam followed by an interview at its College Street Campus and Alipore campus to offer admission in M.Tech, M.Ed., LL.M, M.Sc and M.Sc (Ag.) programs.

For some selected specialization in M.Tech, a valid GATE score is required. Apart from GATE score, for M.Tech in Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemical Technology, a good GPAT score will be considered.

At PG level, MA, M.Com and M.Li.Sc admission will be granted on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination. CAT or MAT qualified candidates are eligible to apply for MBA course.

At UG level, the admission to BA, B.Sc & B.Com programs is based on marks in the qualifying degree while admission to B.Li.Sc, Integrated B.Li.Sc and BA-LL.B programs is based on Admission Test conducted by the university.

M.Phil & Ph.D. admission is based on the score in Research Entrance Test (RET) followed by an Interview. CSIR/ UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates will be exempted from RET.

Campus : College Street

Address for communication :
87/1, College Street, Kolkata- 700 073

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in