2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tulane Undergraduate Admissions Interview

Tulane University is a private, nonsectarian research university. it is situated in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.

SCHOOLS & COLLEGES
School of Architecture
A. B. Freeman School of Business
School of Continuing Studies and Summer School
School of Law
School of Liberal Arts
Newcomb-Tulane College
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
School of Science and Engineering
School of Medicine
School of Social Work

Admissions Timeline
Primary Application:
Early Decision (August 1)
June 1 – December 15

Secondary Application and
Documentation: January 15
Early Decision: Sept. 1

Interviews: Sept - Feb

Acceptances:
Early decision (October 1)
October 15 (rolling, thereafter)

Deposit (to hold place): April 30

Orientation Packet: June 1

Orientation: July 31, 2015

Classes Begin: August 3, 2015

Here I am giving you some FAQ’s related to the admission:
Frequently Asked Questions
How many applicants are interviewed each year?
Approximately 500 applicants are invited to New Orleans and Tulane School of Medicine each year for interviews.

When are interviews held?
Interviews are held from September through the end of February. Interview days are Mondays and Fridays and last from 8:00 am until approximately 2:30 PM. If available, overnight housing with a medical student can be arranged.

How will I confirm the chosen date for my interview?
Invited applicants will receive an email letting them know they are chosen for an interview. The applicant will schedule the interview online and will be given instructions. Make sure to save the date!

What if I need to change my interview date?
If it is necessary to reschedule an interview date one may request a subsequent date, but there is no guarantee that we can accommodate the request due to our heavy volume.

Who will be performing the interview?

Applicants will be interviewed by one faculty member or administrator. All interviews with faculty members or administrators are "blind" and informal. The interviewee will also participate in a "standardized patient" exercise in which they will play the role of a physician. Applicants will be also be interviewed by a current Tulane medical student. The student interview will be in the form of a "working lunch." All interviewers will write a report about the interview and that report will become a part of the applicant's file. With the addition of the interview reports, an applicant's file is considered complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee.

Address:
Tulane University
6823 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA, United States ‎
+1 504-865-5000 ‎

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Tulane+University+-+New+Orleans,+LA&hl=en&ll=29.94086,-90.120721&spn=0.011008,0.020428&sll=38.894907,-77.050724&sspn=0.079093,0.163422&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in