2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Tnau tirur

Hello sir I want to visit at Rice Research Station, Tirur of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University but I do not have address so would you please provide me full address of Rice Research Station of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)???
Similar Threads
Thread
Tnau ssl
Tnau ait
Tnau dee
Tnau dmi
Ssl tnau
Tnau eee
New VC of TNAU
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Regional Centre Tirur
Tnau odl mba
Hrs tnau
Malayalam University TIRUR Contact Number
Malayalam university TIRUR
Bank of Baroda Tirur
Tnau mba
Malayalam University Tirur Official Website
Tnau pro
Tnau pdf
ABM In TNAU
Tnau aws
Nss tnau
24th July 2018, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Re: Tnau tirur

Can you tell me about the objectives of Rice Research Station, Tirur under TNAU (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University)? Also provide me the contact details of the Station?
24th July 2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tnau tirur

Rice Research Station, Tirur started as Paddy Experimental Station in 1942. It brought under the control of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in 1981 and renamed as Rice Research Station in 1982.

Objectives

To develop high yielding and quality rice varieties suited to upland, semidry and irrigated conditions.

To recognize the genomes resistant to Blast, Bacterial leaf streak, Rice Tungro Disease, Rice leaf folder and Rice black bug.

To harvest breeder seeds in rice viz., TKM10, TKM11 and TKM (R) 12 and Groundnut TMV 7 nucleus / breeder seeds.

To develop varieties resistant/ tolerant to saline, alkaline and coastal inland situations

To improve Integrated Nutrient Management practices and Integrated Pest and Disease Management strategies

To conduct OFT/MLT/FLD in Farmers holdings

To produce and supply ornamental plants, fruit seedlings and vegetable seeds for the Urban Horticulture Development Centre, Chennai.

To promote equipment/ implements pertained to rice, pulses and groundnut cultivation among the farmers of Tiruvallur and Kancheepuram districts.

To provide the needs of extension functionaries and farming communities of both Tiruvallur and Kancheepuram districts.

Contact Detail:
Rice Research Station,
Tirurkuppam, Tirur-602025
Tiruvallur District
Phone No: 04116 220233
Fax No: 04116 220383
E-Mail: arstirur@tnau.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in