2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th August 2014, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TMCC Admissions and Records

Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive community college located in Reno.

In 1969, the community college system was established by the Nevada State Legislature.

Admissions and Records Policies
Refunds

The application fee is not refundable.
Refunds after the published deadlines will not be considered for reasons which are beyond the control of the college.
Stopping payment on a check or credit card does not constitute official withdrawal and will result in additional fees and collection costs.
No refund is made after the first half of the term.
Refunds are made to the student or to the contributing party in proportion to the payment of original fees made by each.
Students are responsible for either paying for, or officially dropping from each class in which they register even if they do not attend. If a student fails to drop during the full refund period they will be responsible for all tuition and fees.
Refund checks are issued at the end of the third week of instruction.

Enrollment/Admission
All adults 18 years or older, or those who are high school graduates or the equivalent, and who are United States citizens or immigrants may enroll in the college.

Special Admission Programs
Health Sciences Programs
International Students
Early admission for youth and high school students -

Release of Student Information

Tuition and Fee Schedule

Contact Details:
Admissions and Records
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 319
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999

Map location:
[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=Truckee+Meadows+Community+College+(TMCC),+D andini+Boulevard,+Reno,+NV,+United+States&hl=en&ll =39.573923,-119.79696&spn=0.010073,0.021136&sll=28.266664,77.0 658&sspn=0.011509,0.021136&oq=Truckee+Meadows+Comm unity+College&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
19th March 2015, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

This is Akash from Delhi and I want to take admissions in TMCC college. Can you provide me with admission details(Dental Assisting Programme) and other related informations?
19th March 2015, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hello Akash,
In response to your question I would like to provide you all available information about admission in Dental Assisting Programme of TMCC college:
1.Dental Assisting Students
I would like to tell you that “The Dental Assisting Program” begins each fall semester and the admission process to this program is limited to between 24-30 students,
I would also like to mention that the admission procedure is determined by clinic availability and requires specific admission criteria so you must be
(a)At least 17 years old and
(b)Should have a high school diploma or equivalency (HSE).
2.The selection process consists of the following steps :
1) A formal program application
2) Chronological placement on the applicant list
3) The calculation of points toward admission.

3. The three-Step Application Procedure is as follow:
(A)The first process includes that you must have a student ID number (NSHE ID) which is assigned when a student applies to a college in the NSHE system.
If you do not have an ID number, you must complete the TMCC application for admission to the college.
(B.)Submit Dental Assisting Program Application which includes the completion and submission of the Dental Assisting Program application.
Providing of the Proof of High School Completion/Equivalency which involves the scanning of the appropriate document and email it to the TMCC Dental Assisting Program.
(C) the final process is that you have to provide the proof of attendance of a Dental Assisting Program advisement/information session.
4.The Selection Process is as follow:
I would like to tell you that the selection to the Dental Assisting Program is based on the applicant's numerical position on the applicant list and completion of courses that have points toward admission.
.Course Points
.ENG 101 2 pts
.ENG 113 2 pts
.PSY 101 1 pt
.COMM113 or
.ENG102 or
.ENG 114 1 pt
# Here I am providing you with the contact details for more relevant help:
Dental Assisting
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 417
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999