2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th July 2016, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Time Duration Of KVPY Exam

I will tell you the duration and information about Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) so that you can go through it easily.

Exam pattern

The duration of test is 3 hours (9.30 a. m. To 12.30 p. m.). The exam is multiple choice questions based for 100 marks.

The paper has two parts, Part I consisting of four sections (each containing 20 questions) and four sections in Part II (each containing 10 questions).

You are given choice to answer any THREE of the four sections in Part I, and any TWO of the four sections in Part II.

The composition of the question paper is given in the table below:
Subject Part I Part II
Mathematics 20 questions-1 mark each 10 questions-2 marks each
Physics 20 questions-1 mark each 10 questions-2 marks each
Chemistry 20 questions-1 mark each 10 questions-2 marks each
Biology 20 questions-1 mark each 10 questions-2 marks each

The answer paper is an OMR sheet. All the answers are to be marked in the given sheet itself. One correct answer among the four given choices is to be marked. There is negative marking for wrong answers.

Unanswered questions will not be evaluated and will not be penalized as a wrong answer. In Part I each correct answer gets 1 mark and for each incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.

In Part II 2 marks will be given for each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.

Fellowships
SA/SX/SB - during 1st to 3rd years of - B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.
Monthly Fellowship - Rs. 5000
Annual Contingency Grant - Rs. 20000

SA/SX/SB - during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
Monthly Fellowship - Rs. 7000
Annual Contingency Grant - Rs. 28000

Objectives
The basic objective of KVPY fellowship is to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. Apart from indentifying students with talent and aptitude for research, this fellowship enables them to
a) realize their academic potential
b) encourage them to take up research careers in Science
c) ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in