2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th April 2016, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

TIFR PG Courses

Hello, I want to know the details of the post graduation courses offered at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
Similar Threads
Thread
TIFR Courses
Tcs Tifr
MBA in TIFR
TIFR Imo
TIFR Web
Cs tifr
Daa tifr
Tifr gs
TIFR Short Term Courses
Ibs tifr
TIFR DBS M.Sc
Rmo tifr
TIFR Postgraduate Courses
Tifr cse
TIFR Dec Key
Tifr pdf
Tifr net
CST to TIFR
Tifr dd
Post Graduation Courses In TIFR
8th April 2016, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR PG Courses

Hello, here I am providing you the details of the post graduation courses offered at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research with eligibility required as under:

Mathematics:
For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech.
For I-Ph.D. : B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. (Students already /completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2016 are not eligible).

Physics:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
For I-Ph.D.:
M.E./M.Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B.Tech./B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
In addition, I-Ph.D. candidates with four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. program.

Chemistry:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.Pharm.
For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm.

Biology:
For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc.(Ag.), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Writeup.
For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science.
For M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation : Indian nationals who have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects), less than 35 years of age as on July 1, 2015 and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals of Central, South and Southeast
Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.
For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.

Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):
For Ph.D. : B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./M.C.A./M.Sc. degree holders in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering. Exceptionally well qualified students with B.E./ B.Tech./ M.E./ M.Tech./M.Sc./B.Sc. or equivalent degrees in other disciplines may also be considered.

Contact details:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai 400005.
Tel: 022-22782629/22782241/22782875
Fax: 022-22804555
Email: gsch@tifr.res.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in