2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th March 2016, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Mumbai Eligibility

TIFR or Tata Institute of Fundamental Research conducts a graduate program leading to the award of Ph D., Integrated M.Sc., Ph. D and M.Sc Degree Programs in Subjects - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer and Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) and Science Education.

Eligibility for TIFR Mumbai Entrance Exam 2016

Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree can also apply

Mathematics:

For Ph.D:
M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech

For I-PhD:
B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech (Students already /completing an M.Sc degree by July 2016 are not eligible)

Physics:

For Ph.D.:

M.Sc/M.S in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes of duration not less than 5 years in total

For I-Ph.D.:
M.E/M.Tech/B.Sc/B.S./B.E/B.Tech/B. Chemistry in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes of duration not less than 3 years in total
In addition - I-PhD candidates with four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their PhD program

Chemistry:

For Ph.D:
M.Sc./M.Pharm

For PhD:
B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm

Biology:

For PhD:
Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science; these include, M.Sc (Ag.), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma; candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Write up

For I-PhD/M.Sc:
Bachelors in any Basic Science

For M.Sc Wildlife Biology & Conservation:
Indian nationals who have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects), less than 35 years of age as on 01st July 2015 and a strong curiosity in wildlife research and conservation; graduate nationals of Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply

Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):

For PhD:
B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc degree holders in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics & Communications Engineering/Electrical Engineering
Exceptionally well qualified students with B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/B.Sc or equivalent degrees in other disciplines may also be considered

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in