2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

TIFR dates

My sister told me that she wants to take admission into the Integrated PhD course at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research so for this she has to clear an entrance exam so will you please tell me what is the last date for applying for the entrance exam of this Integrated PhD course at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research? Give me all the important dates of it?
Similar Threads
Thread
M.Sc In TIFR
Tcs Tifr
MBA in TIFR
Dcs tifr
TIFR Imo
TIFR Web
Cs tifr
Daa tifr
Tifr gs
Ibs tifr
TIFR DBS M.Sc
Rmo tifr
Tifr cse
TIFR Dec Key
TIFR Cut Off
Tifr pdf
Tifr net
CST to TIFR
Tifr dd
TIFR MSc Maths Course Application Form Dates
4th May 2018, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR dates

Can you provide me important dates for TIFR GS (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School) Entrance Examination 2018 for admission in Ph D Program?
4th May 2018, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR dates

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research invited applications for admissions to TIFR Deemed University, stationed at TCIS Hyderabad for PhD and Integrated M.Sc.-PhD Degree Programmes under the Subject Board of Physics (academic programmes starting 01st August 2018)

The TIFR national level entrance exam for biology, TIFR GS, is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS)

Important Dates for TIFR GS 2018

NEE (Nationwide Entrance Examination) Exam Date: 10th December 2017 (Sunday)
Last Date for Receiving Applications: 12th October 2017
Online Payment link will be active up to 18th October 2017
DDs sent by post/courier will be accepted up to 20th October 2017
Hall Ticket download link will be active from 10th November 2017
GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science (including Communications and Applied Probability):
Opens: 05th February 2018
Closes: Two weeks after GATE2018 results declared
Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination (shortlist for interviews): 31st January 2018

Eligibility
Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree applied.
Mathematics:
For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M. Tech.
For I-Ph.D. : B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B. Tech. (One already having/completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2018 were not eligible).

Physics:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
For I-Ph.D.:
M.E./M. Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B. Tech./B. Chem in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration minimum 3 years in total.
Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration minimum 3 years in total.
In addition,
I-Ph.D. candidates with minimum four or more years of university education who cleared the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. program.

Chemistry:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B. Tech./M. Pharm. or equivalent degree.
For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B. Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree.
One with B.E./B. Tech degrees could optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements.
Biology: One was shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Write-up
For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc.(Ag.), B. Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B. Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M. Pharma)
For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology).
For M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: Indian nationals who had Bachelor degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 60% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals for Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, were eligible to apply.
Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):
For Ph.D. :
B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches.
Exceptionally well qualified students with B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech. /M.E./M.Sc. degrees in other disciplines were considered. Exceptionally well qualified students with 3 year degree in related subjects were considered for I Ph.D.

Contact Detail:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences,
21, Brundavan Colony, Narsingi,
Hyderabad-500075, India
Ph.: +91 40 2419 5034,
Email: gsadmissions@tifrh.res.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in