2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th April 2018, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR Answer Key Chemistry

Someone is here who will provide previous year question paper of Chemistry Subject of TIFR GIS Entrance Exam? I need question paper with answer key, so if you also have answer key of question paper of Chemistry Subject of TIFR GIS Entrance Exam, so give both to us?
19th April 2018, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Answer Key Chemistry

As you are looking to download previous year question paper of Chemistry subject of TIFR GIS Entrance Exam, so here I am providing question paper:

TIFR GIS Entrance Exam Chemistry Question Paper and Answer Key
A quantum mechanical state Q is a superposition of two normalized energy eigenstates A and B in an amplitude ratio 2:1. If the two states are degenerate with a common eigenvalue E, what is the energy of the state Q?
A) 0,
B) E
C) 5E
D) 3E
Ans: B

For the above, if the states were non-degenerate and with energy eigenvalues E and −E respectively, then what would be the expectation value of the energy?
A) 3E
B) 5E
C) E
D) None of the above
Ans: D

The vibrational Raman effect, a considerably weak scattering phenomena, was first reported by Late Sir CV Raman in 1928. The intensity of the individual vibrational resonances observed in a Raman spectrum is proportional to
A) Number of molecules
B) Polarizibility of the bond
C) Wavelength of radiation used
D) All of the above

One sequence of amino acids repeats for long distances in silk protein. Complete hydrolysis of one mole of a fragment with this sequence gives 2 mol alanine, 3 mol glycine, and 1 mol serine. Partial hydrolysis yields Ala-Gly-Ala, Gly-AlaGly, Gly-Ser-Gly, and Ser-Gly-Ala peptides. What is the amino acid repeat?
A) Gly-Gly-Ser-Ala-Gly-Ala
B) Gly-Gly-Gly-Ala-Ala-Ser
C) Ser-Ala-Ala-Gly-Gly-Gly
D) Gly-Ser-Gly-Ala-Gly-Ala

Quartz crystal watches lose or gain about a second a week. What is the accuracy of these watches in ppm?
A) 1
B) 1000
C) 0.605
D) 1.653

The reaction of sodium ethoxide with ethyliodide to form diethyl ether is termed
A) electrophilic substitution
B) nucleophilic substitution
C) electrophilic addition
D) radical substitution

The melting point of lithium metal is 454 K, and that of sodium is 371 K. Which
of the following statements can explain this difference in their melting points?
i. Metallic bonding in lithium is stronger than metallic bonding in sodium.
ii. The delocalised electrons are more strongly attracted to the metal cation of
lithium.
iii. The lithium cations have a greater charge density than sodium cation.
iv. Li+ cations are smaller than Na+ cations.
A) Only (i) and (ii)
B) Only (ii) and (iii)
C) Only (iv)
D) (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv)

Consider a container of volume 5.0 L that is divided into two compartments of equal size. In the left compartment there is nitrogen at 1.0 atm and 25 C; in the right compartment there is hydrogen at the same temperature and pressure. What will happen when the partition is removed?
A) The entropy decreases, and the free energy decreases.
B) The entropy increases, and the free energy decreases.
C) The entropy increases, and the free energy increases.
D) The entropy decreases, and the free energy increases.

TIFR GIS Entrance Exam Chemistry Question Paper

Download the complete question paper here.................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TIFR GIS Entrance Exam Chemistry Question Paper.pdf (328.6 KB, 81 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in