2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st December 2015, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission age limit

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)’s Group I Exam Eligibility details are given below.

Eligibility Conditions:

I. Age Limit:

1. for all the posts except the post of Assistant
Commissioner (C.T)- 21 Years to 35 Years

2. Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)

(i) For candidates possessing any degree-21 Years to 35 Years

(ii) For candidates possessing B.L. degree of any
University or Institution-21 Years to 36 Years

Age relaxation is given as per govt rules.

Educational Qualification:

Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification:-

1. Candidates should possess a Degree of any of the Universities or any other Educational Institutions

Note:

(i).The qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC (or its equivalent)+ U.G. degree.

(ii) The candidates, who have written the final year degree examination, may also apply for the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services.

2. Preference will be given to the candidates, who possess the qualification mentioned against each of the following posts:

Sl. No Name of the Post Qualification

1. Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I) A Degree or Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science and also to those who possess National Awards for Physical Efficiency

2. Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)

First Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws

Second Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law.

Third Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws

Fourth Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law.

Physical Qualification:

Candidates applying for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) must possess the following Physical qualifications:

1. Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I)

i. For Men: Must be not less than 165 cms in Height and not less than 86 cms round the chest on full inspiration and must have a chest expansion of not less than 5 cms on full inspiration.

ii. For Women: Must be not less than 155 cms in Height.

The Chest measurement will not apply to them.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in