2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th November 2019, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Re: System Programming Notes For BCA Bangalore University

I want the notes/ syllabus of System Programming of BCA of Bangalore University so can you provide me?
30th November 2019, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Re: System Programming Notes For BCA Bangalore University

I am providing you the syllabus of System Programming of BCA of Bangalore University

Bangalore University BCA System Programming syllabus

BCA602T: System Programming

Total Teaching Hours : 60

No of Hours / Week : 04

Unit – I

Background: Machine Structure, Evolution of the Components of a Programming System, Assembler, Loaders, Macros, Compliers, Formal Systems. Machine Structure, Machine Language and assembly language: General Machine Structure, Machine Language, Assembly Language
[ 12 Hours ]

Unit - II
Assemblers: General Design Procedure, Design of assembler, Statement of Problem, Data structure, Format of databases, algorithm, look for modularity, Table Processing: Searching and Sorting. The Problem, Searching a table, linear Search, binary Search, Sorting, interchange sort, Shell Sort, Bucket Sort, Radix Exchange Sort, address calculation sort, comparison of sorts, hash or random entry searching.
[ 12 Hours ]

Unit - III

MACRO LANGUAGE AND THE MACRO PROCESSOR: Macroinstruction, Features of macro Facility, Macro instruction arguments, conditional macro Expansion, macro calls within macros, macro Instructions defining macros, Implementation, Statement of problem, implementation of a restricted facility, A two pass algorithm. A single pass algorithm, implementation of macro calls within macros. Implementation within an assembles.
[ 12 Hours ]

Unit - IV

LOADERS: Loader schemes, Compile & go, General loading Scheme, absolute loaders,
Subroutine Languages, Relocating loaders, Direct linking loaders, other loading Schemes
– Binders, linking loaders, Overlays, Dynamic binders. Design of absolute loader, Design
of a Direct linking loader Specification of problem, Specification of data structure,
format of data bases algorithm.
[ 12 Hours ]

Unit - V

COMPILERS: Statement of problem, Problem1: Recognizing basic Elements, Problem2:
Recognizing Syntactic cutis & interpreting meaning, Problem3: Storage Allocation,
Problem4: Code Generation. Optimization (machine independent) optimization (machine
dependent), Assembly Phase, General Model of complier. PHASES OF COMPILERS:
Simple Structure of Compiler, Brief introduction to 7 Phases of Compliers.
[ 12 Hours ]

Text Books:

1. John J. Donowon, System Programming, TATA McGraw-Hill.
Reference Books:
1. Dhamdhere: System programming and Operating System TMH
2. Beck: System Software, 3/e Pearson Education.

Contact-

Bangalore University
Gnana Bharathi Campus, Gnana Bharathi Main Rd, Teachers Colony, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560056
080 2296 1271

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in