2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th May 2018, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Re: Syllabus of National Eligibility Test

I am interested in the field of teaching and for this planning to apply for The National Eligibility Test (NET) searching for some details about this exam. Will you provide syllabus of The National Eligibility Test (NET) so that I get to know list of subjects to study for exam?
15th May 2018, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus of National Eligibility Test

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted to select the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and the award of Junior Research Fellowship.

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC).

Syllabus of National Eligibility Test

Session

First (Paper-I): 100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 AM to 10.30 AM, IST)]

Second (Paper-II): 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2 Hours (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM, IST)]

Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate

Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).

Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on page 16 and 17. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidate by post.

Important dates:

Notification Release 23-Feb-18
Online Application Form submission From 05 March 2018
Last date for Applying Online 12 April 2018 (Extended)
Last Date of submission of Fee 13 April 2018 (Extended)
Correction in Application Form 25 April 2018 to 01 May 2018
Uploading of Admit Card 3rd Week of June
Examination Date 08 July 2018 (Sunday)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in