2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th August 2014, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus of Karnataka Administrative Services exam

As you want to get the syllabus of Karnataka Administrative Services exam so here it is for you:

KAS exam is constructed in the following section:
Stage I: Preliminary Examination
Stage II: Main Examination
Stage III: Personality Test

Syllabi for Preliminary Examination (objective type)

PAPER - I

(i) Current events of National and International importance.
(ii) Humanities – History of India – Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.
(iii) World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.
(iv) Indian polity and economy, including the country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.,

PAPER - II

(i) Current events of State importance and important State Government programmes.

(ii) General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology:
Contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.

(iii) General Mental Ability:
Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., (class X/SSLC level).”

Important dates:

Opening date for registration: May 12, 2014
Closing date for registration: June 12, 2014
Date of preliminary examination (In two Sessions): October 12, 2014
Date of main examination: March 1, 2015

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in