2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th September 2014, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus for HPCL Trainee Exam

As you are looking for the Syllabus of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd (HPCL) officer Trainee Exam, so here I am sharing the same with you

Section I: General Aptitude
Intellectual Potential
Logical Reasoning
Data Interpretation
Quantitative Aptitude
Test of English Language

Section II: Technical / Professional Knowledge

1A & 1B. Officer Trainee - Engineering Discipline
Mechanical
Civil
Electrical
Electronics & Telecommunications
Instrumentation
Chemical

2A & 2B. Officer Trainee : Quality Control / Operations
3A & 3B. Officer Trainee : CSR
4A & 4B. Information Systems Officer
21st March 2015, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

I am looking for the HPCL trainee exam syllabus. if anyone here have syllabus please forward it to me?
21st March 2015, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

As per you request, I am giving you syllabus for the trainee exam of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL).

HPCL Mechanical Engineering trainee exam syllabus

Engineering Mechanics
Free body diagrams and equilibrium; trusses and frames; virtual work; kinematics and dynamics of particles and of rigid bodies in plane motion, including impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations; impact.

Engineering Materials
Structure and properties of engineering materials and their applications, heat treatment, stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials.

Strength of Materials
Stress and strain, stress-strain relationship and elastic constants, Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain, thin cylinders, thick- walled vessels; shear force and bending moment diagrams; bending and shear stresses; deflection of beams; torsion of circular
members; columns and struts; strain energy and impact loading; thermal stresses; Rotating Rims & Discs; Bending of Curved Bars.

Theory of Machines
Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms, kinematic synthesis of mechanisms; dynamic analysis of slider- crank mechanism; gear trains; flywheels; static and dynamic force analysis; balancing of rotating components; governors.

Thermodynamics
Thermodynamic system and processes; Zeroth, First and Second laws of thermodynamics;; Carnot cycle. irreversibility and availability; behaviour of pure substances, ideal and real gases; calculation of work and heat in ideal and real processes; Rankine and Brayton cycles with modifications, analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion; vapour refrigeration cycle, heat pumps, gas
refrigeration, reverse Brayton cycle; moist air: psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes.

Energy Conversion
Fuels and combustion; high pressure steam boilers; flow through nozzles; Gas turbines with intercooling, reheat and regenerators, Steam turbines, velocity diagram, power output and efficiency, maximum blade efficiency of single stage impulse turbine, blade friction, compounding of impulse turbine; reaction turbine, degree of reaction, velocity diagram, power output, efficiency; losses in steam turbines, stage efficiency, overall efficiency and reheat factor; governing of steam turbines; steam condensers, condenser vacuum, sources of air leakage & its disadvantage

HPCL Civil Engineering trainee exam syllabus

HPCL Electrical Engineering trainee exam syllabus

HPCL Electronics Engineering trainee exam syllabus

Here, I am giving you attachments.

Last edited by Pathak; 21st March 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in