2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th September 2019, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Re: Syllabus of BA Punjab University

Hi guys here I am looking for Panjab University Chandigarh B.A. (Hons.) Economics program syllabus so will you plz let me know from where I can do downalod its exam syllabus ??
18th September 2019, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus of BA Punjab University

As you are asking for Panjab University Chandigarh B.A. (Hons.) Economics program syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same here :

B.A. (Hons.) Semester I (under CBCS)
ECO-C1: INTRODUCTORY MICROECONOMICS
Max. Marks: 80 Time: 3 Hrs.
Credits: 6
(5 Class Room Teaching + 1 Tutorial)
Course Description
This course is designed to expose the students to the basic principles of microeconomic
theory. The emphasis will be on thinking like an economist and the course will illustrate how
microeconomic concepts can be applied to analyze real-life situations.
Instructions for Paper-setter and candidates:
The maximum marks for the paper will be 100. The question paper will be of 80 marks
and continuous evaluation 20 marks. Time allowed will be 3 hours.
The paper-setter must put a note in the question paper in this regard.
There shall be 9 questions in all.
The first question compulsory comprising 15 short answer type questions spread over the
whole syllabus. The candidates are required to attempt 10 questions. Each question shall
be of two marks (10 2= 20).

Rest of the paper shall contain four units. Two questions shall be asked from each unit
and the candidates shall be given internal choice. The candidates shall attempt one
question from each unit. Each question will carry 15 marks (15x4=60).
UNIT I
Exploring the subject matter of Economics Why study economics? Scope and method of
economics; the economic problem: scarcity and choice; the question of what to produce, how
to produce and how to distribute output. The basic competitive model. Supply and Demand:
How Markets Work, Markets and Welfare Markets and competition; determinants of
individual demand/supply; demand/supply schedule and demand/supply curve; market versus
individual demand/supply; shifts in the demand/supply curve, demand and supply together;
how prices allocate resources; elasticity and its application.
UNIT II
The Households The consumption decision - budget constraint, consumption and
income/price changes, demand for all other goods and price changes; description of
preferences (representing preferences with indifference curves); properties of indifference
curves; consumers optimum choice; income and substitution effects; labour supply and
savings decision - choice between leisure and consumption.
UNIT III
The Firm and Perfect Market Structure Behaviour of profit maximizing firms and the
production process; short run costs and output decisions; costs and output in the long run.
Controls on prices; taxes and the costs of taxation; consumer surplus; producer surplus and
the efficiency of the markets.
Imperfect Market Structure Monopoly and anti-trust policy; government policies towards
competition; imperfect competition.
UNIT IV
Input Markets Labour and land markets - basic concepts (derived demand, productivity of an
input, marginal productivity of labour, marginal revenue product); demand for labour; input
demand curves; shifts in input demand curves; competitive labour markets and firms profit
maximisation conditions in input market ; and labour markets and public policy.

Panjab University Chandigarh B.A. (Hons.) Economics program syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in