2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd July 2014, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Study Material for Olympiad exams

As you want to get the details of Olympiad exams of IMO so here it is for you:

IMO Exam Syllabus

Class-1

The actual test paper has 35 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections: 10 questions in section I, 10 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.
Section – I: Logical Reasoning
Section – II: Mathematical Reasoning
Section – III: Everyday Mathematics
Section – IV (Achievers Section):Syllabus as per Section – II.

Syllabus
Numerals, Number Name and Number Sense (2 digit numbers), Addition, Subtraction, Length, Weight, Time, Money, Geometrical Skills, Patterns, Odd One Out, Series Completion, Problems Based on Figures.

Class-2
The actual test paper has 35 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections: 10 questions in section I, 10 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.
Section – I:Logical Reasoning
Section –IV (Achievers Section):Syllabus as per Section –II.
Syllabus
Numerals and Number Name, Number Sense (3 digit numbers), Money, Measurement of Length (conversions), Weight, Time and Temperature, Calendar, Point, Line and Plane Figures, Problems Based on Figures, Patterns, Series Completion, Find Odd Numeral Out, Geometrical Shapes.

Class-3

Section – IV (Achievers Section):Syllabus as per Section –II.
Syllabus
Numerals and Number Name, Number Sense (4 digit numbers), Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Money, Length (conversions), Weight, Capacity, Time, Point, Problems Based on Figures, Odd One Out, Patterns, Series Completion, Coding-Decoding, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Straight Lines and Curved Lines, Geometrical Shapes.

Class-4

Section – IV (Achievers Section): Syllabus as per Section –II.
Syllabus
Numerals and Number Names (5 digit numbers), Place Value, Roman Numerals, Addition and Subtraction, Geometry : Square, Rectangle, Circle, Closed, Open Figure, Multiplication and Division, Factors and Multiples, Fractions, Measurement, Pictorial Representation of Data, Money, Time, Weight and Capacity, Series and Pattern Formation of Numbers and Figures, Conversions, Comparison, Perimeter of Various Shapes, Direction Sense, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Number Ranking, Alphabetical Test, Coding-Decoding, Mathematical Reasoning, Symmetry.

Class-5
The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections: 20 questions in section I, 15 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.

Section – IV (Achievers Section): Syllabus as per Section –II.
Syllabus
Number sense, Numeral and Number Name (7 and 8 digit numbers), Roman Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Factors and Multiples, LCM, HCF, Rules of Divisibility, Whole, Prime and Composite Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Geometrical Shapes & Angles, Circles, Symmetry, Measurement of Length, Mass, Capacity, Perimeter and Area of Rectangle, Square, Measurement of Volume, Temperature, Time and Various Operations on Time, Relationship Between Seconds, Minutes and Hours, Money, Representation of Data in Pictorial Form, Patterns, Formation of Numbers and Figures, Direction Sense, Number Ranking and Alphabetical Test, Series, Odd One Out.

Class-6
The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections: 20 questions in section I, 15 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.
Syllabus
Section –I (Logical Reasoning): Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Section – II (Mathematical Reasoning): Integers, Fractions and Decimals, Exponents and Powers, Algebraic Expressions, Simple Linear Equations, Lines and Angles, Concept of Percentage, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Probability, Properties of Triangle, Symmetry, Congruence of Triangles, Rational Numbers, Perimeter and Area, Data Handling, Arithmetical Ability, Visualising Solid Shapes.
Section – III (Everyday Mathematics): The Syllabus of this section will be based on the syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning.
Section –IV (Achievers Section): Syllabus as per Section II.

Class-7

Syllabus
Section –I (Logical Reasoning): Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Section –II (Mathematical Reasoning): Integers, Fractions and Decimals, Exponents and Powers, Algebraic Expressions, Simple Linear Equations, Lines and Angles, Concept of Percentage, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Probability, Properties of Triangle, Symmetry, Congruence of Triangles, Rational Numbers, Perimeter and Area, Data Handling, Arithmetical Ability, Visualising Solid Shapes.
Section –III (Everyday Mathematics): The Syllabus of this section will be based on the syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning.

Class-8
Syllabus
Section –I (Logical Reasoning): Mathematical Operations, Series Completion, Direction Sense Test, Analytical Reasoning, Problems on Cubes and Dice, Number Ranking & Time Sequence Test and General Reasoning Based on Prescribed Syllabus.
Section –II (Mathematical Reasoning):Rational Numbers, Squares and Square Roots, Cubes and Cube Roots, Exponents and Powers, Comparing Quantities, Algebraic Expressions and Identities, Linear Equations in One Variable, Understanding Quadrilaterals, Constructions, Mensuration, Visualising Solid Shapes, Data Handling, Direct and Inverse Variations, Factorisation, Introduction to Graphs, Playing with Numbers.
Section –III (Everyday Mathematics): The Syllabus of this section will be based on the syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning.

Class-9
Syllabus
Section –I (Logical Reasoning) : Mathematical Operations, Series Completion, Arithmetical Reasoning, Problems on Cubes and Dice, Number Ranking & Time Sequence Test, Inserting Missing Character and General Reasoning Based on Prescribed Syllabus.
Section –II (Mathematical Reasoning):Number Systems, Polynomials, Coordinate Geometry, Linear Equations in Two Variables, Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry, Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles, Circles, Constructions, Heron’s Formula, Surface Areas and Volumes, Statistics, Probability.
Section –III (Everyday Mathematics): The syllabus of this section will be based on the syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.

Class-10
Syllabus
Section –I (Logical Reasoning): Direction Sense Test, Mathematical Operations, Number Ranking & Time Sequence Test, Coding-Decoding, Distance, Speed, Time and General Reasoning Based on Prescribed Syllabus.
Section –II (Mathematical Reasoning):Real Numbers, Polynomials, Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Progressions, Triangles, Coordinate Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Some Applications of Trigonometry, Circles, Constructions, Areas Related to Circles, Surface Areas and Volumes, Statistics, Probability.
Section – III (Everyday Mathematics): The Syllabus of this section will be based on the syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.

Class-11
The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections, 20 questions in section I, 15 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.
Section - I:Logical Reasoning,
Section - II: Mathematical Reasoning,
Section - III: Everyday Mathematics,
Section - IV:Achievers Section (Syllabus as per Section II)

Syllabus
Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequations, Differentiation, Sequences and Series (A.P. & G.P. Misc.), Trigonometry, Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines, Circles, Conic Section, Trigonometry, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Statistics, Mathematical Logic, Limits, Probability, Introduction to 3-D Geometry, Problems Based on Figures, Find Odd Numeral Out, Series Completion, Coding-Decoding, Mathematical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Direction Sense Test, Cubes and Dice.

Class-12
The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 4 sections, 20 questions in section I, 15 in section II, 10 in section III and 5 in section IV.
Section - I:Logical Reasoning
Section - II: Mathematical Reasoning
Section - III: Everyday Mathematics
Section - IV:Achievers Section (Syllabus as per Section II).

Syllabus
Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, LinearInequations, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines, Circles, Conic Section, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Mathematical Logic, Statistics & Probability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vectors, Stocks, Shares and Debentures, Average and Partition Values, Index Numbers, Matrices and Determinants, Limits, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
21st March 2015, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am preparing for the Olympiad exams so will you please provide me the study material for the exam?
21st March 2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, here I am providing you the syllabus of the Olympiad exams and suggesting you some best books for these exams.

Olympiad exams books

General Knowledge (English) 5th Edition (Paperback) by Karma B

Problems in General Physics (English) (Paperback) by IE Irodov

The Elements of Coordinate Geometry Cartesian Coordinates Part - 1 (English) (Paperback) by SL Loney

Plane Trigonometry Part - 1 (English) 4th Edition (Paperback) by SL Loney

Problems in General Physics (English) (Paperback) by IRODOV

IIT Foundation & Olympiad Explorer: Maths (Class 8) (English) Revised Edition (Paperback) by Brain Mapping Academy

Olympiad exams syllabus

Class-1

The actual test paper has 35 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 10 questions in section I, 20 in section II and 5 in section III.

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning): Spatial Understanding, Grouping, Measuring Units, Analogy, Geometrical Shapes, Patterns, Odd One Out, Ranking Test.

Section – II (Science) : Plants, Animals, Human Beings and Their Needs, Good Habits and Safety Rules, Air and Water, Weather and the Sky.

Section – III (Achievers Section) : Syllabus as per Section – II.

Class-2

The actual test paper has 35 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 10 questions in section I, 20 in section II and 5 in section III.

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning): Patterns, Measuring Units, Odd One Out, Series Completion, Geometrical Shapes, Analogy, Ranking Test, Grouping of Figures, Coding-Decoding, Embedded Figures.

Section – II (Science) : Plants, Animals, Human Body, Family, Food, Housing and Clothing, Occasions and Festivals, Occupation, Good Habits and Safety Rules, Transport and Communication, Earth and Universe.

Class-3

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning) : Patterns, Analogy and Classification, Coding-Decoding, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Alphabet Test, Ranking Test, Grouping of Figures, Figure Matrix, Geometrical Shapes, Days and Dates & Possible Combinations.

Section – II (Science) : Plants and Animals, Human Body, Water, Food, House and Occupation, Transport and Communication, Matter and Materials, Earth and Universe, Birds, Light, Sound and Force.

Class-4

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning) : Patterns, Alphabet Test, Coding-Decoding, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Geometrical Shapes and Solids, Ranking Test, Direction Sense Test, Days and Dates & Possible Combinations, Analogy and Classification.

Section – II (Science): Plants, Animals, Human Body, Water, Matter and Force, Transport, General Activities, Earth and Universe.

Section – III (Achievers Section): Syllabus as per Section – II.

Class-5

The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 15 questions in section I, 30 in section II and 5 in section III.

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning) : Patterns, Analogy and Classification, Coding-Decoding, Geometrical Shapes, Mirror Images, Water Images, Embedded Figures, Direction Sense Test, Ranking Test, Alphabet Test and Logical Sequence of Words, Puzzle Test

Section – II (Science) : Animals, Plants and Food, Human Body and Health, Water, Matter, Natural Resources and Calamities, Earth and Universe, General Science.

Section – III (Achievers Section): Syllabus as per Section – II.

Class-6

The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 15 questions in section I, 30 in section II and 5 in section III.

Syllabus
Section – I (Logical Reasoning) : Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

Section – II (Science) : Motion and Measurement of Distances, Light, Shadows and Reflections, Electricity & Circuits, Fun with Magnets, Air & Water, Sorting and Separation of Materials, Changes Around Us, Living Organisms & Their Surroundings, Food, Health & Hygiene, Fibres to Fabrics.

Section – III (Achievers Section ) : Syllabus as per Section II.

Class-7

Syllabus

Section – I (Logical Reasoning) : Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning

Section – II (Science) : Heat, Motion and Time, Electric Current and its Effect, Winds, Storms and Cyclones, Light, Acids, Bases and Salts, Physical and Chemical Changes, Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals, Fibres to Fabrics, Nutrition in Plants and Animals, Respiration in Organisms, Transportation in Plants and Animals, Reproduction in Plants, Natural Resources and Their Conservation.

Class-8

Syllabus

Section – II (Science) : Crop Production and Management, Microorganisms, Synthetic Fibres and Plastics, Metals and Non-metals, Coal and Petroleum, Combustion and Flame, Conservation of Plants and Animals, Cell, Reproduction in Animals, Force and Pressure, Friction, Sound, Chemical Effects of Electric Current, Some Natural Phenomena, Light, Stars and Solar System, Pollution of Air and Water.

Class-9

Syllabus

Section – II (Science) : Motion, Force and Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Work and Energy, Sound, Matter in Our Surroundings, Is Matter Around Us Pure, Atoms and Molecules, Structure of Atom, Cell - The Fundamental Unit of Life, Tissues, Diversity in Living Organisms, Why Do We Fall Ill, Natural Resources, Improvement in Food Resources.

Class-10

Syllabus

Section – II (Science) : Chemical Reactions and Equations, Acids, Bases and Salts, Metals and Non-metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Periodic Classification of Elements, Life Processes, Reproduction in Organisms, Heredity and Evolution, Light-Reflection and Refraction, Human Eye and Colourful World, Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Sources of Energy, Our Environment and its Management.

Class-11

The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 25 questions in section I (Physics and Chemistry), 5 in section II (Achievers Section) and 20 questions in section III (Mathematics or Biology)

Syllabus

Section – I (Physics & Chemistry) : Physics: Units & Measurements, Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Heat & Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves.

Chemistry:Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, The s-Block Elements, The p-Block Elements (Groups 13 and 14), Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry.

Section – II (Achievers Section) : Syllabus as per Section – I.

Section – III (Mathematics) : Sets, Relations and Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Straight Lines, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Statistics, Mathematical Reasoning, Limits and Derivatives, Probability, Introduction to 3-D Geometry, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

or
Section – III (Biology) : Diversity in the Living World, Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals, Cell : Structure and Functions, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology.

Class-12

The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 25 questions in section I (Physics and Chemistry), 5 in section II (Achievers Section) and 20 questions in section III (Mathematics or Biology)

Syllabus

Section – I (Physics & Chemistry) : Physics: Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, AC, E.M. Waves, Optics, Modern Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Communication Systems.

Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General

Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements (Group 15 to 18), d- & f-

Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and

Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Amines, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.

Section – II (Achievers Section) : Syllabus as per Section – I.

Section – III (Mathematics) : Relations and Functions, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Matrices and Determinants, Continuity and Differentiability, Application of Derivatives, Integrals, Application of Integrals, Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

or

Section – III (Biology) : Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology in Human Welfare, Biotechnology, Ecology.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in