2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Study Material For NIMCET

I have applied for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) for admission in MCA Programme in NITs. I have no book for Preparation of this Exam. Would you please provide me best Study Material for the preparation of NIMCET? Kindly provide me some model paper also.
Similar Threads
Thread
Study Material for UGC NET
PTU Study Material
KAR TET Study Material
Study Material Of WB TET
MBA Study Material PDF
MSW Study Material
Study Material for MAH MCA CET
NIMCET Material
Study Material for SAT
IAS ECE Study Material
CGL Study Material
CAT Study Material
NET Study Material where to get
KVS Study Material
UGC-NET GK Study Material
Study material for MAT
IAS study material
IES Study Material For ECE
TET Study Material
DU LLB Study Material
15th February 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Re: Study Material For NIMCET

Hello sir, I’m preparing for the NIMCET exam for the MCA admission. For this exam I want study material for the NIMCET exam please provides me?
15th February 2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Study Material For NIMCET

National Institutes of Technology (NITs) offer 3 year / 6 semester’s computer application program on the basis of Common Entrance Test ‘CET’ also termed as NIT MCA Common Entrance Test or NIMCET.

Here I’m providing you some books name that profiides you study material of NIMCET exam:

Excel With Objective Book For NIMCET
By J B Dixit, Ruchi Sharma, Ashish Mangal

Upkars MCA Test
By A Team of Experts

Arihant MCA Entrance Test (Self Study Guide)
By Amit M. Agarwal

Mathematics General Aptitude Books
By R.S.Agarwal.

Barron's Military Flight Aptitude Tests
By Terry L. Duran

The Aptitude Test Workbook
By Jim Barrett

Numerical Ability & Mathematical Aptitude
By Dr. A.B. Rao

NIMCET Syllabus:

NIMCET Mathematics Syllabus

Set Theory:
Concept of sets - Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.

Probability and Statistics:
Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions

Algebra:
Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices

Coordinate Geometry:
Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola

Calculus:
Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.

Vectors:
Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.

Trigonometry:
Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.

2. NIMCET Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning Syllabus

The questions in this section will test you on logical situations and would consist of questions based on the facts given in the passage.

3. NIMCET Computer Awareness Syllabus

Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two's complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.

4. NIMCET General English Syllabus

Questions in this section will be designed to assess your general understanding of the English language.

Questions will be asked from the following topics:
Comprehension
Vocabulary
Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles)
Word power
Synonyms and Antonyms
Meaning of words and phrases
Technical writing

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in